Join for free
Page 11 of 11 « First < 9 10 11
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 08:27 AM

Re: Do You, Or Have You Ever Had The Need To Be Liked?

Actually I thought about you the other day Mups there was a lost Bedlington roaming around Ilkley and people were trying to locate it's owner...he looked just like your Mups it's owner is found now .

We get a lot of lost dogs around these parts, owners let them off the lead on the moors and they see a rabbit or something and they are off. They are usually reunited with their owners though through what we call the dognet...everyone posts pics of the latest lost dog on a local site it's amazing how many folk know each other through their dogs.

Sorry this is off topic.....no I don't need to be liked...but I don't like to be hated either
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 10:21 AM

I'd be a bit worried about approaching a loose dog, not sure I'd fancy going for it's collar. After Floyd got attacked by two German Shepherds that were attached to an elderly gentleman I'm wary of strange dogs of any breed.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I'd be a bit worried about approaching a loose dog, not sure I'd fancy going for it's collar. After Floyd got attacked by two German Shepherds that were attached to an elderly gentleman I'm wary of strange dogs of any breed.
News to me
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 12:20 PM

You must have been looking the other way Floydy.
No, my late dog was named after The Pink too!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 01:32 PM

One does have to be careful of that breed of dog. We had four of them when I was a child, the second one was a killer, it did for the neighbourhood cats as well as a few of our own, I think. I wasn't scared of it and would stupidly lie on my back in the grass ,when I was about 10, encouraging it to eat me, it backed off. One of my uncles was terrified of it and would always drive his car over to our property, even though it was the next property to ours. He would keep his hand on the horn until someone removed the animal, which probably would have attacked him as it knew he was scared of it. In the end my father disposed of it, probably shot it, before it actually harmed someone.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 01:52 PM

You must have been looking the other way Floydy.
No, my late dog was named after The Pink too!
Ah I see now. No wonder I didn't feel anything!

Page 11 of 11 « First < 9 10 11

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top