Join for free
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2018, 10:59 PM

Re: Do You, Or Have You Ever Had The Need To Be Liked?

Arty, I used to have the need to be "liked"....but I don't seem to need that anymore. Now, if I just get along with people, that is good enough for me.

I don't always find it easy to get along due to my bipolar, because I get flippy sometimes...but, people seem to understand my condition now and they accept that in me.

My friends just let me blow my stack, then carry on, just say "feel better now"? LOL LOl and usually I do.

I don't worry too much about getting along with 'EVERYONE' because that is impossible. We are all different.......I feel bad if I can't get along with someone I really care about. Then I try to find a way to sort it out.

Good thread Arty
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2018, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I always say, people have two choices, they either love you or hate you and that’s how it is!
Or don't know you if they have never met you. Or are simply indifferent. Or somewhere along the spectrum. It doesn't have to be polarised.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2018, 11:12 PM

I used to worry about this when I was a teen, but then I realised that it was far more important to like yourself. If you like yourself and if you are your own best friend then everyone you meet will like you too. You get what you give at the end of the day. But having a sense of humour helps.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 01:00 AM

Many teenagers dont like themselves they are insecure and seek the approval and friendship of their peers .
Get what you give ?
Children are cruel a shy awkward child or teenager can't give much so gets nonthing and so it's their fault ?
Teenagers are also not known for their sense of humour .
They are at the mercy of their hormones and can be moody lonely or depressed ,
In life many people never fit in they are shy or not attractive and therefore their personality never develops .
How can it if no one likes them ?
They cannot give out what they do not have .
There is always a child in a class that is alone with no friends who don't develop into blooming confident adults .
Why on earth do so many lonely people commit suicide .
Because in the words of Paul McCartney -nobody cared.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
There are many other choices between love & hate.

Personally I love a few people but I like many. I hate none, but I dislike a few - I have no feelings either way about a lot.

Aren't most people like that?

I don't need everybody to like me but I would be unhappy if nobody liked me at all!!
I completely agree.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 07:45 AM

I agree with Carol too, there are many levels of like and dislike and I don't hate anyone.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 07:46 AM

My apologies for my for my birthday threads, photo`s, gif`s, jokes, etc that seem to annoy the OP, its ,coz im from the North.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 07:56 AM

ITS A HUMANE RESPONSE-TO BE IIKED '
people say I dont give a dam if iam not liked' but deep down its a different answer - its what u give out in the end '
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
My apologies for my for my birthday threads, photo`s, gif`s, jokes, etc that seem to annoy the OP, its ,coz im from the North.
Yeh....we are a bit like that. Happy Sunday Nom
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 08:28 AM

Oh shoot I have missed them .
Happy Birthday Nom !

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top