Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 05:19 PM

Re: Do you like horseradish sauce?

It is one of the most successful things I've grown on the veg patch. I planted it two years ago and that year it was destroyed by slugs. I thought it was gone, but now it's thriving despite taking out one root in winter. Comes back year after year.

Unfortunately the only time I tried to make horseradish sauce it blew the roof of your mouth off. It's extremely powerful stuff and I am not sure how to tone it down enough to make it edible. Perhaps I can clean drains with it.
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 05:22 PM

Yes, and I love mint sauce, apple sauce & tartare sauce.
The only thing totally banned from our house. By both of my children, strangely enough. Is tomato ketchup. They both loathe it. And have done ever since they were tiny tots!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 02:08 PM

I love hot horseradish sauce,on roast beef,with all the trimmings.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 02:31 PM

Love it so much I try to take a bath in it at least once a week
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 06:29 PM

Beef is not the same without horseradish sauce. Just as fish needs Tartare sauce.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 04:00 AM

I do like horseradish on roast beef sandwiches.

When making deviled eggs,I also put a bit in the yellow yolks, mixed with mayonnaise and spicy mustard. It gives the eggs more zest, and guests keep going back for more.

Also, love horseradish in my cocktail sauce for shrimp and crab cakes.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top