Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 01:34 PM

Re: Serenity

The question is, where does nonchalant stop, and, comfortably numb begin.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 01:45 PM

I wish I could achieve serenity. I am usually stressed about something.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 02:03 PM

I get the feeling of serenity when I'm cuddling my two grandaughters snuggled up in their bed or on the sofa , it's a wonderful time . I think it's pure love that makes it for me
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I get the feeling of serenity when I'm cuddling my two grandaughters snuggled up in their bed or on the sofa , it's a wonderful time . I think it's pure love that makes it for me

Ah, that's lovely susan, and you are probably right about the love making you feel so peaceful and content.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
The question is, where does nonchalant stop, and, comfortably numb begin.

I think serenity is very different from being comfortably numb and/or nonchalant. IMO having serenity gives one a strength mentally and the ability to cope. It does not mean an unawareness or indifference - quite the opposite IMO.

I believe I have achieved a basic serenity and my serenity ebbs and flows. It diminishes sometimes when I am worried or have a problem, but I know it will not disappear from me completely. These days it is a sort of basic feeling/state of mind I have, although this thing I call my serenity has been a long time coming. I wish I'd had achieved it when I was younger.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 08:48 PM

What does Serenity mean?

Im at peace with myself
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 08:53 PM

I am hoping one day to be at peace with myself, for now I'm still striving for it. I keep thinking I would like to take up Buddhism as I know it focuses on finding that peace of mind through meditation. Perhaps I should stop just 'thinking' about it and do something about it.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 08:54 PM

I think because life throws so many hardships at us it is really hard to become at peace with oneself. For me personally I think I am getting over one hurdle and feeling much more relaxed then something else is thrown again, just as it is for every one else so for the ones who have found that peace I am so envious.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 10:16 PM

I have always tried to be prepared in advance of issues that might arise, never put things off.

Since retiring, I've cut myself a lot of slack, and allowed a few goof off days without feeling guilty about it. I've gotten relax down, mellow is being feisty for me to contain, and the serenity shows it's shadow after having really nice, easy days, late in the evening for me.

Who knows? I may find the right way to sneak up on being serene one of these days. I certainly hope so.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 07:20 AM

By being at peace with myself I just mean I accept that this is where I am and how things are at that moment in time.

Like you my life throws things at me constantly, seems if it’s not one thing it’s another. But that’s all ok, it’s how life is. Like Right Now I have goof off days where I’m like enough of everything, I’m not doing that today and I’m ok with it. I don’t beat myself up

I’m not Wonder Woman. The world is not going to stop turning if I don’t jump to the rescue. I’m just me. i Can’t rescue everyone and it’s funny how people manage to rescue themselves when there’s no other choice.

Even my husband pulled out a pan and managed to use the hob the other day when I said nope, I’m not doing it lol

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top