Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 07:35 AM

Re: Serenity

Some good posts here

I'm not really sure what serenity is or if I've achieved it...not having any worries or issues sounds a bit boring to me. I like overcoming the latest problem or tackling a difficult task...but maybe that's my serenity...lol...just ignore this post it makes no sense
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 09:11 AM

I always feel serene when I'm out walking in the beautiful Derbyshire Peaks.

I just stop & look around me and feel at one with nature.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I always feel serene when I'm out walking in the beautiful Derbyshire Peaks.

I just stop & look around me and feel at one with nature.
We lived in Derbyshire for two years when we were first married, our eldest girl was born there.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 05:19 PM

Thinking about this , I don't think permanent serenity is possible really , over the years I've read many self help books on life and practised meditation , etc , I wish I could be a serene calm person but life is very difficult and fearful at times .

If you think about monks and nuns who leave normal life and move into community's together they sit in prayer many times a day or chanting , but it seems peace and serenity can be achieved but only in constant prayer , meditation and opting out of attachment . In Thailand for example the monks and nuns depend on others to feed them and the people do so in the hope the religious one will pray for them , but the religious one has opted out of everyday life haven't they so they have no responsibilities or worries . Sorry I'm rambling , think the only way for me to achieve it is to move into a community and become a nun , or sit and cuddle my granchildren all day !
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 06:12 PM

I'm quite a calm person by nature so I do find that I can achieve an inner peace and even solace quite quickly.

Mind you some of the pupils at school can test my patience at times!!

It takes a lot and a long time for anything or anyone to rile me enough to blow..
But when I do...my eyes flash.. there's a red mist descending and that devil in Tazmania has nothing on my strop
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 07:39 PM

For most of the time, l am serene and very laid back...then something happens to shatter it and l go in, both barrels blazing!!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Some good posts here

I'm not really sure what serenity is or if I've achieved it...not having any worries or issues sounds a bit boring to me. I like overcoming the latest problem or tackling a difficult task...but maybe that's my serenity...lol...just ignore this post it makes no sense
OOOh, it makes sense to me summer... I can totally relate to it

It's worries/stress that's always kept me going, even tho I didn't necessarily like it at the time.
I've always been a quick to rise bad tempered bugga that thrived on stress. Now life is too much laid back. I feel sluggish.

Anyone fancy a row?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->

It's worries/stress that's always kept me going, even tho I didn't necessarily like it at the time.
I've always been a quick to rise bad tempered bugga that thrived on stress. Now life is too much laid back. I feel sluggish.

Anyone fancy a row?

If serenity isn't funny you can keep it.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->

Anyone fancy a row?
Who's askin?!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Who's askin?!
Me! Fisticuffs at dawn, too tired now ... 5.30am sharp out the back.

If I'm not there, start without me

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top