Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 02:09 PM

Re: Reach Out To Friends Grieving

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I've found that certain people (not important people) have avoided me when I've had cancer. Perhaps it reminds them of their own mortality.

The people who matter to me have been great, though.
That is awful.

My best friend from school has a serious condition, which could be life threatening. Many folk now avoid her now because they are embarrassed. I have told her that if I was in her neck of the woods I would visit her so often she would need to ring fence her home with barbed wire to keep me out.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 02:14 PM

I have just lost another close friend this week.
It was a sudden brain haemorrhage, and she was the same age as me. I have lost a lot of family this year. I do not dwell on the forum, but post funny stuff as it helps me.
I always try to support others on this forum, that is just me.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 07:18 PM

I lost a friend to a stroke who was only in his early 40s. I didn't know him well, it was an internet friendship but we would write and send each other things.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I mentioned on another thread about the pain I felt letting others know that my wife had died. After her death, friends I had know for years avoided me like the plague, maybe because they felt embarrassed about bringing up her death?

The greatest comfort that I got was not from words but by a single act. After being dragged out to a birthday party after a few weeks of her dying, I was standing alone at the bar in a pub facing the bar when the wife of one of my remaining friends came up behind me, put both hands on my right shoulder then put her head on her hands and remained like that for a few seconds. That one single act gave me great comfort and I still fill up when remembering it.
oh how moving, bless your lovely friend x
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 08:20 PM

When my mum and sister died I can't even remember who, if anyone comforted me, I'm sure they did though but I was totally lost and in a world of my own, I'm still struggling to find my way back almost 4 years later but I'm getting there. I cannot even contemplate losing my husband, as stupid as it is I think of it often simply because I know people can just pass away in the blink of an eye just like mum and my sister and that really does frighten me. I'm not sure I would want to go on without my husband. I also dread my father dying because I know how it affected me with Mum and Sister, my Dad is so dearly precious to me as I am to him. Oh dear, I bet shut up, its making me tearful. I know some don't like to say sorry for your loss but I really am so, so sorry for peoples pain of grief, it is the worst feeling in the world. xxxx
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I've found that certain people (not important people) have avoided me when I've had cancer. Perhaps it reminds them of their own mortality.

The people who matter to me have been great, though.
That's what counts, Ffosse.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
When my mum and sister died I can't even remember who, if anyone comforted me, I'm sure they did though but I was totally lost and in a world of my own, I'm still struggling to find my way back almost 4 years later but I'm getting there. I cannot even contemplate losing my husband, as stupid as it is I think of it often simply because I know people can just pass away in the blink of an eye just like mum and my sister and that really does frighten me. I'm not sure I would want to go on without my husband. I also dread my father dying because I know how it affected me with Mum and Sister, my Dad is so dearly precious to me as I am to him. Oh dear, I bet shut up, its making me tearful. I know some don't like to say sorry for your loss but I really am so, so sorry for peoples pain of grief, it is the worst feeling in the world. xxxx
LQ we are all here for you. I keep it all inside. But, I am here when needed. xxxx

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
That's what counts, Ffosse.
It certainly does Tabby. x

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top