Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 06:25 PM

Childish Things

Are there things you don't do anymore as an adult, that you wish you could?
Or are there things you did as a child that you still do, although it's not really expected of you as an adult?

We never had soft play areas when I was a child so I would love to go wild in one of those
Come out with static hair and scuffed knees and bum!

I also wish sometimes that I could just play KissChase with the guy I fancied, so that he or I could do away with being so polite!!! That, and poke sticks together in to melted tarmac on a hot summers day
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 06:27 PM

Re: Childish Things

I still do all those childish things I'm afraid.
Only yesterday I blew a raspberry at someone.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 06:28 PM

I used to love flying stunt kites along with my three mates. We got really good at it and would fly all three together and do stunts in unison.

I would feel a bit silly doing that now.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I still do all those childish things I'm afraid.
Only yesterday I blew a raspberry at someone.
Haha! I can picture that so clearly!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

14-07-2018, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I used to love flying stunt kites along with my three mates. We got really good at it and would fly all three together and do stunts in unison.

I would feel a bit silly doing that now.
Oh dongles!
You should do... I see many men flying kites up on these hills
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Oh dongles!
You should do... I see many men flying kites up on these hills
See, now why does that sound naughty?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 06:43 PM

I still scrape to bowl out when I've made a cake - just like mum used to let me do.

When I take the grandkids to the park I always go on the swings and sometimes the slide too if there aren't many people there...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

14-07-2018, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I still scrape to bowl out when I've made a cake - just like mum used to let me do.

When I take the grandkids to the park I always go on the swings and sometimes the slide too if there aren't many people there...
i used to love doing that, it was the best bit.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->

I used to do that too, well into my 30s and before I had my daughter.
Never keen on the slide or those things that go round and round, but the swings, I never wanted to come off those

Of course, it's a given I did it when I'd had my daughter, I mean you have to don't you?

I'd love to do French skipping in the street like we used to. Skipping generally really, the sort where there are 2 people at either end of the rope and you have to go up and over and do a little jig, get out and jump back in again
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 07:10 PM

On holiday if there's nice firm sand we always play hopscotch

I'm teaching my grandkids What's The Time Mister Wolf!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top