Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 07:16 PM

Escalators? Do You Love Them Or Hate Them?

I have been in London this weekend to stay with my youngest daughter but also to watch my second youngest daughter compete in the Virgin Sport British 10K race in London.

Yesterday, we travelled to London Marylebone station. At the escalator there, my daughter went down first on the very high escalator but l got a fit of the Yokey Cokey at the top!

This escalator wasn’t like the normal escalator in Boots or similar, in other stores, it was fast and at a very high level.

I just froze! It was a case of ...put your left leg in, your left leg out, in out, shake it all about!

The queue at this escalator in a very busy station was mounting as l hovered at the top! I just froze!!

A young kid came to my rescue and l held his hand as he pulled me on to the step. In the meantime, my daughter was on the ‘Up’ escalator looking to see where l had got to!

So, l ask. Do you suffer with Escalaphobia, as l did yesterday?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 07:23 PM

Re: Escalators? Do You Love Them Or Hate Them?

Yes, I don't like ones where you can look over the sides, they have them in The Galleries in Bristol. I have to look straight ahead if I have to use them.
The worst ones are the ones where you can push the shopping trolley on.
I nearly had a very nasty accident on one.
I didn't realize you had to start pushing the trolley before the end.
My trolley stopped but my feet didn't they were being fed under the trolley. I had to back pedal! It was very scary.
However my daughter thought it hilarious and when she stopped laughing she asked where I learned how to Moonwalk!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Yes, I don't like ones where you can look over the sides, they have them in The Galleries in Bristol. I have to look straight ahead if I have to use them.
The worst ones are the ones where you can push the shopping trolley on.
I nearly had a very nasty accident on one.
I didn't realize you had to start pushing the trolley before the end.
My trolley stopped but my feet didn't they were being fed under the trolley. I had to back pedal! It was very scary.
However my daughter thought it hilarious and when she stopped laughing she asked where I learned how to Moonwalk!
TessA, l can’t stop laughing about the ‘Moonwalking’!

It’s when the flat bit turns into a step that scares me!!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 07:41 PM

Stepping on an escalator requires precision.

I took the skin off the back of my heels once on the down-going escalator. Blood everywhere.
A member of staff came out of one the shops in the shopping complex to check if I was alright where I sat slapping a big sticking plaster on it.
Panda
Dorset/Europe
Panda is female 

15-07-2018, 08:33 PM

I was in Wilkinsons a while back when an elderly lady fell backwards more or less from the top to the bottom of the escalator The staff were fantastic in helping her and shutting it down so quickly.

I don't really mind them and in some stores you have no other option but to use them.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Panda ->
I was in Wilkinsons a while back when an elderly lady fell backwards more or less from the top to the bottom of the escalator The staff were fantastic in helping her and shutting it down so quickly.

I don't really mind them and in some stores you have no other option but to use them.
My goodness
Was she ok?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 08:38 PM

I do use escalators because I can be lazy but I don't like them, I ALWAYS hesitate and I really shouldn't as one of these days I'm going to have a nasty accident. When it gets to the time to come off I mentally prepare myself then literally jump off. I just can't help myself!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Panda ->

oh heck, that sounds dreadful, the poor woman, hope she was ok.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 08:41 PM

Hi

I am not a fan of the things at all.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 08:46 PM

They don't bother me at all.
I prefer them to lifts any day.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top