Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2014, 12:03 PM

Re: One Law for the Rich........!

I don't class it as 'envy' at all - people who are working 'harder' in my opinion deserve a decent wage, its not envy - its anger at the injustice, pure and simple ......
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2014, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I don't class it as 'envy' at all - people who are working 'harder' in my opinion deserve a decent wage, its not envy - its anger at the injustice, pure and simple ......
I couldn't agree more Patsy. I have no trouble with entrepreneurs who do well for themselves if they treat those who work for them fairly, but NHS managers are paid by the same people (us) who pay the wages of the nurses, porters, cleaners, etc and as such their salaries should not be over-excessive.
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2014, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Well said Patsy, I'm not envious of anyone, but I do wish people to be treated fairly.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2014, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Diamond Lady ->
Well said Patsy, I'm not envious of anyone, but I do wish people to be treated fairly.
That's all it is, being treated fairly - I really don't care what people have, because I don't want it
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2014, 01:35 PM

The top jobs in any large organisation attract large salaries. If the people in those top positions are not up to the job, it does not mean that the salary is too high, it is the choice of person that is wrong and they should be replaced.

Of course there is injustice and unfair treatment, but it is for those people affected to fight their case on its merits.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

28-12-2014, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
The top jobs in any large organisation attract large salaries. If the people in those top positions are not up to the job, it does not mean that the salary is too high, it is the choice of person that is wrong and they should be replaced.

Of course there is injustice and unfair treatment, but it is for those people affected to fight their case on its merits.
And those on the outside can show their support for them too ......
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2014, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Diamond Lady ->
That's a good idea Julie !!

Some of the best companies ran on similar lines, well looking after it's employees - look at Cadbury, he built lovely houses for his employees around the factory and now Bourneville is one of the sort out areas to live.

Yes DL and here in West Yorks where Mill owners built homes, I live in one now.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2014, 02:08 PM

And no one is envious of them doing so just spread it about a bit so we can all live reasonably. I don't want the nurse attending to me or the cleaner cleaning the ward to be worrying about paying their rent while they do it. I want to think they have better things to think about - my health !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

28-12-2014, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
And no one is envious of them doing so just spread it about a bit so we can all live reasonably. I don't want the nurse attending to me or the cleaner cleaning the ward to be worrying about paying their rent while they do it. I want to think they have better things to think about - my health !
Again -spot on !
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2014, 02:22 PM

Not entirely sure how "those affected" are supposed to fight their cases Grumble when almost all the avenues to enable them to do so, i.e. Legal Aid / No Win No Fee, have gradually been sealed-off to the ordinary man-in-the-street.

For example, apparently it was well-known in Banking circles that Paul Flowers, of Co-op Bank notoriety, was unqualified, incompetent and a dabbler in illegal substances yet he remained in his well-paid post!

How many other crack-heads and certifiable basket cases are there in top jobs, sheltered by well-paid greed-driven cronies?! stevmk2

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top