Join for free
Page 7 of 10 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 01:27 AM

Re: How do you handle conflict?

I resolve conflct by sticking my fingers in my ears and screaming at the top of my lungs until the other party relents.

Works like a charm.

Seriously though WB, good for you in trying a paradigm shift. Arty is right, this place is too good of to let it get under your skin.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 01:28 AM

Suits mate, they know bugger all and prove it each day
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I resolve conflct by sticking my fingers in my ears and screaming at the top of my lungs until the other party relents.

Works like a charm.

Seriously though WB, good for you in trying a paradigm shift. Arty is right, this place is too good of to let it get under your skin.
Thanks Surfermom...I appreciate that.....

I might also try sticking my fingers in my ears and screaming at the top of my lungs until the other party relents.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 07:32 AM

Just a bit more advice here for what it's worth.

Don't set yourself unsustainable goals, we are who we are.. if you are naturally a sensitive person accept that. None of us can just develop a thick skin or change overnight that's why I step back or I just stay quiet. It's not easy this online malarkey.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 09:51 AM

Thanks WB, very nice words, I also learnt some things from you. None of us have all the answers, we are all learning all the time and we can all learn from each other, even if it's where, to put a full. stop or, a comma, .
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Just a bit more advice here for what it's worth.

Don't set yourself unsustainable goals, we are who we are.. if you are naturally a sensitive person accept that. None of us can just develop a thick skin or change overnight that's why I step back or I just stay quiet. It's not easy this online malarkey.
Summer, I have learned through this thread, that is always a good idea to accept advice....so thanks for this....

You are right about that....it is not easy this online malarkey, haha....it can get damn hard sometimes, and being sensitive makes it all the harder, so I am going to do as you say, step back when I am at the boiling point, and put it on simmer for a while til I cool off....there is always "Netflix"
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

02-03-2018, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Thanks WB, very nice words, I also learnt some things from you. None of us have all the answers, we are all learning all the time and we can all learn from each other, even if it's where, to put a full. stop or, a comma, .
Puddle, keep shining for Jesus. I find comfort in your warm glow. Thank you for being my friend.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 04:50 PM

I don't handle conflict well
I try to keep emotion out if it but
I take things to heart and
It makes me feel sick
I avoid it at all costs

However I won't be walked over either
If I think I need to speak out then I will say something...
eventually!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
And you can bloody behave too! You will only encourage him...dirty girl! Go to my bedroom right now!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 04:59 PM

Sometimes it's a good idea to take some time out before replying to someone who has upset you. It gives you more time to come up with something really nasty.

(I'm joking honest).

Page 7 of 10 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top