Join for free
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2015, 05:32 PM

Not a garden visitor !

Not a wonderful photo but the little boy/girl was not in a good place to take a photo, he/she has taken up residence on an indoor window sill and I didnīt want to disturb him/her.

cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2015, 06:10 PM

Re: Not a garden visitor !

Ah, bless - you will put it outside later though?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2015, 06:43 PM

How sweet I saw a newt the other night I love little lizardy things
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2015, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Not a wonderful photo but the little boy/girl was not in a good place to take a photo, he/she has taken up residence on an indoor window sill and I didnīt want to disturb him/her.

I hope you don't tell him/her to "hop it". Loretta
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2015, 10:19 PM

The baby lizard is still there but heīs moved to another plant pot. I donīt think heīll get put outside, very difficult to catch without damaging him and I would hate to do that. If heīs happy there catching mosquitos heīs very welcome to stay. We had one a big larger than this one who lived for a long time behind a washbasin pedestal in one of the bathrooms, two much bigger ones who appear to live under the washing machine in the outhouse and we had a really big one who lived in the rockery for two years, until we saw him one day with most of his tail missing, cat presumably, he left very soon after that. He was really big, we looked him up and he was an Eyed Lizard, evidently the largest European lizard. I have photographs of him. We also see quite a few baby lizards running along the garden wall. I like them very much, so they are always welcome.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

01-09-2015, 10:21 PM

This was the rockery lizard after he lost his beautiful long tail.

ShirleyMarie
Michigan, USA
ShirleyMarie is female  ShirleyMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2015, 12:37 PM

I don't think a missing tail is a bad thing, it likely will grow back. I watched that happen to lizzards in Florida so I know it is true.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

02-09-2015, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by ShirleyMarie ->
I don't think a missing tail is a bad thing, it likely will grow back. I watched that happen to lizzards in Florida so I know it is true.
The tails do indeed grow back ShirleyMarie, but according to what I have read they never grow back as strong as the original one, the regrowth remain fragile. On the other hand they are probably safer without a long tail, not so easy for cats and other predators to grab hold of.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top