Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2015, 07:08 PM

Re: A Tent For All Reasons

If just my wife and I were in one , would that make it (two in tents)
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2015, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
It's certainly a funky looking design but I have some doubts/reservations about the portability angle. I appreciate that the design allows the sections to fold up and there are plenty of pictures of little bits of paper models showing the opening and folding principle, but not one picture of the real tent collapsed and folded.

It looks to me as if it would be a fairly huge thing to lug about when collapsed. Not something you could stick on your back. I'm probably wrong as portability would seem an obvious requirement but I haven't found any pictures of the disassembled tent.
Here is more info that you can read on it

http://www.abeerseikaly.com/weavinghome.php

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2015, 07:30 PM

I remember seeing something similar to this tent many years ago on 'Tommorow's World' on TV but nothing seemed to come of it . No financial backing I guess.

The new version looks a great idea I hope it can be progressed .
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2015, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
If just my wife and I were in one , would that make it (two in tents)
I was just thinking Bazza, if the inventor is finding it hard to sell them he can always say a prayer to Pope Pious the 10th.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2015, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Here is more info that you can read on it
Thanks Solo. I had already visited that site and that's why I suggested it was odd that there are no photos of the tent in a collapsed state. I find it quite strange. The whole thing is huge and looking at that website it suggests that the entire main structure has a top and bottom but in each case the whole thing folds up. Even that being the case the folded up pieces must be huge and hardly portable.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2015, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Thanks Solo. I had already visited that site and that's why I suggested it was odd that there are no photos of the tent in a collapsed state. I find it quite strange. The whole thing is huge and looking at that website it suggests that the entire main structure has a top and bottom but in each case the whole thing folds up. Even that being the case the folded up pieces must be huge and hardly portable.
I would have thought they are just as portable as the IKEA flat packs are...but lighter!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top