Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2015, 05:17 PM

Re: Transferring Unused Tax Allowance

It will be your wife who needs to apply Steve if she has spare tax allowance.

Thank you for the link, I still see nothing about not being able to claim if receiving a pension. I've now put it on the MSE forum and see if anyone there can throw any light on it.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2015, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
It will be your wife who needs to apply Steve if she has spare tax allowance.

Thank you for the link, I still see nothing about not being able to claim if receiving a pension. I've now put it on the MSE forum and see if anyone there can throw any light on it.
Yes, I know Val as we applied through my wife's email address as they replied to my query telling us to do so.

I was going to go on MSE for the same reason!! stevmk2
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2015, 04:35 PM

For everyone's information: -

Today my wife received an emailed invitation from HMRC to apply to transfer part of her unused Tax Allowance to me and we have completed the online application about 10 minutes ago and received an emailed confirmation from HMRC.

We had no problems at all doing this and now we can look forward to getting £212 back, which will come in handy.

Our application was for 2015 - 2016 and HMRC say that the 2016 - 2017 amount will also be 10% of my wife's Tax Allowance. stevmk2
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2015, 02:51 PM

After all the emails, phone calls, wrong information given etc. mine is finally dealt with too. HMRC called me back and it was all dealt with within five minutes.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2015, 01:38 PM

Just got my pension slip and, Whoopee!!, the additional allowance has been applied and backdated to April. Not a lot, but as a certain supermarket would say, "every little helps".
stevmk2
Milton Keynes

06-08-2015, 08:26 PM

My wife just got her Pension slip and that also confirmed the transfer of the Tax Allowance to me.
Grumble, dunno about you - not my business but £212 to us is 3 months Direct Debit on our energy bill.

Every little helps yeah but that's a major help to us. stevmk2
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2015, 09:48 PM

Glad you got your extra allowance, Steve. We can all use a bit more.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes

18-08-2015, 05:47 PM

Got the new HMRC Notice of Coding through today so that's it!

As I said, it's not much but it helps and it'll help too when my hourly rate of pay goes up to £7.20 next April when my cheapskate employer no longer has the choice but to pay me more!

Still well below what I am worth and I am not boasting about that because of the wide range of jobs I do on the stingy hourly rate I get now. stevmk2
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2015, 06:38 PM

My wife was informed on July 5th that she had been overcharged £77.40 and would receive a refund by way of a payment order.
No refund ever came !!
I have written to them twice on her behalf without any reply from them
I have now written to my MP explaining the situation and am awaiting a reply !
stevmk2
Milton Keynes

28-08-2015, 11:28 AM

HMRC as good as their promise - they've given me back the extra tax charged since April as we registered for the Tax Allowance "swap" before the end of the last Tax Year.

I got £70 back this time - that's £240 this year as they made an error on their calculations - and admitted it.

Mind you, I wrote to them to point it out first!

The really amusing thing about all this is, according to my calculations just now, I will now be £18.66 better-off per month but when my pay goes up to the new National Living Wage next April, guess how much tax I will then have to pay again?!

£18.11.

There is a secret, little department somewhere that works all these things out for Governments to maximise on looking good - there has to be!! stevmk2

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top