Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2015, 10:38 PM

Re: Voice Recognition.

one irritation is that you have to say " Hey Cortana " to get it to work
Mmmm I think I will give that a miss then .
As I live alone I don't speak a lot and when I do speak my dog associates it with someone arriving and barks so she would no doubt bark every time I spoke to 'the voice'.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2015, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Mmmm I think I will give that a miss then .
As I live alone I don't speak a lot and when I do speak my dog associates it with someone arriving and barks so she would no doubt bark every time I spoke to 'the voice'.
I wonder if you could get it to bark back. Then you dog could have a conversation with it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2015, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
I wonder if you could get it to bark back. Then you dog could have a conversation with it.
...don't even think of it EJ she is bad enough now. If I talk to myself she rushes in barking
It is my own fault I encouraged her to bark at strangers.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2015, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
Emay, you could try singing that song “Hey Margarita” and see what happens.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2015, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Emay, you could try singing that song “Hey Margarita” and see what happens.
Not likely. My new laptop with W10 would proberly self distruct.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

03-09-2015, 02:35 PM

What sort of name is 'Cortana' anyway , it sounds like two bits of an old car cobbled together
PhilipM
Wales, UK
PhilipM is male  PhilipM has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2015, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
What sort of name is 'Cortana' anyway , it sounds like two bits of an old car cobbled together
My first guess was that it was Microsoft's attempt to appeal to America's large hispanic population??

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top