Join for free
Page 24 of 49 « First < 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 > Last »
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2015, 11:26 PM

Re: Over 50's Wales club (Part 4)

Ours is two weekly too. One week recycling the next rubbish. Glass we have to take to recycling. Many people believe the rat explosion is due to the waste being collected less frequently. All our bins had large holes chewed in them, as did next door. Heaven forbid they went to three weeks here. Someone from the council who was delivering leaflets here said we qualified for them to come to the house to collect bins, she would sort it. It never happened. She came again and said she would sort it, once again it never happened. We seem to be going back to the dark ages in public services.
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2015, 08:22 AM

That's what I said to the candidates for our local council elections just a couple of weeks ago. Let's face it, living out in the sticks we don't get much else for our council tax besides the rubbish collections. Our recycling is collected every week. Seems much more sensible to collect rubbish and recycling on alternate weeks.

Wedding preparations today. Friend's son is getting married - registry office in Brecon and then back to a reception on the farm. My caravan is going up there to be a spare bedroom (so I'm just off to give it a clean) and then I shall be ironing chair covers. Don't mind ironing them but how on earth I'm going to keep them crease free afterwards and deliver them I've no idea....................
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2015, 11:52 AM

Been busy making Welsh Cakes and banana cakes ready for youngest grandson family birthday party tomorrow.His birthday is on Sunday,he's having a party for his friends then.
Son no2's birthday tomorrow-won't be seeing him as he's in Seattle on a course.
Weather and my mood is better today!
Jac
Wales UK
Jac is female  Jac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2015, 12:13 PM

Lovely warm sunshine here, almost too hot to sit out
I don't think our bins are emptied as often as they were. We have an area in the car park which has the big wheelie bins for refuse and then 3 compartments for green and pink bags . Its not so bad when the holidaymakers go home but I noticed when I too my bits down yesterday it was really roofed out and lots of wasps around . They are a nuisance because if I've got my balcony door open they are in like a shot
Keeper of Dreams
West Wales
Keeper of Dreams is female  Keeper of Dreams has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2015, 12:40 PM

Good Afternoon from another Welshie through and through..............I hope you will allow me to join you.
I am quite harmless let me assure you!

I was born,bred and have lived most of my life in this beautiful county of Pembrokeshire,in the earlier years Newgale was my "stomping ground" then Little Haven and Saundersfoot became our marital home for the greater part of our marriage.......but latterly back home nearer to the western coastline......Broad and Little Haven.
Needless to add,oh! yes, I love the coastline and the briny!

Already I feel at home meeting up with a few familiar names...........Jac ........although you have lovely sunshine, it is much cooler here on the west coast, however dry and calm with the sun trying valiantly to intervene.......winning slowly!!
Quite a while since we exchanged posts Celyn but Hello,and the same to you Valentinojess...........and I would think Rowser is somewhere in the back ground...........

Hope to get to know you all in time.
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2015, 07:21 PM

Nice to see you here KoD. I haven't been posting here for a while but restarted a week or two ago. Been a lot of black clouds here today, no sun! A new carer in training, do I hear you saying 'what's new'. One being removed rapidly as her understanding of English very poor. This one staying in hotel and will move into house when the other goes Monday. Hoping to get some gardening done over the weekend, depending on the weather. Haven't been out there for weeks and it's time to start preparing for autumn and winter. Also I have a garden arch arriving next week, and I need to decide where it is going. Well I know where it is going but to the exactly millimetre.
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2015, 07:38 PM

Hello, Keeper of Dreams and welcome we always enjoy chatting to new people. Had my hair done then met my niece in town for lunch.
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2015, 08:58 AM

Hello KOD, long time no see. Welcome to here!

Off to a wedding today, was fine, but we've just had a drizzly shower. Taking pashmina, jacket and umbrella. I'm driving the bridegroom's grandma, so just hope I can find the registry office in good time. The reception is back on the farm, so hope we have some sunshine for later.
Keeper of Dreams
West Wales
Keeper of Dreams is female  Keeper of Dreams has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2015, 09:00 AM

Hello and very nice to meet you here Celyn and Valentinojess...............seems to be a small world after all!!!

Another weekend and although the weather forecast is hopeful at the moment we have to be grateful with dry,calm and a little cool.

There is a talk already of frost,that is unusual this early,in fact the mellow month of September is usually a month ideal for those late holidays.
The grass and greenery was almost taking over here ....following all the rain .............so my man is machette bound, having mowed the grass two days ago!!!
Sounds as if you are going to be garden bound too Celyn,I like the sound of the arch,have you any plans for plants climbing or trailing over it????

Carers are certainly not always cracked up to being what they should be ..........wishing you better luck with this new one and I hope she/he does not take over your home.
I have to be full of praise for mine...........John my husband............though I wish he had less work outside and much more time with me inside as I get bored rotten!!!

Hope you are happy with your hairdo VJ........always such a boost and then having lunch out with your niece would be equally uplifting............the icing on the cake as it were!

Lovely to catch up with you Sweet sue...you sneaked in whilst I was posting it seems!!!... and I hope the weather is kind for the wedding..........though best remembering the old Boy Scouts motto......"Be prepared!!

Wishing you all a pleasant day.
Jac
Wales UK
Jac is female  Jac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2015, 12:45 PM

Hi KoD, you found us then xx We are a quiet lot so nice to talk to someone else.
Went out dressed for summer because it was quite warm , got as far as West Cross and it started raining and chilly breeze . Decided not to bother with Mumbles , just got in and sun is out again !!
Hope the new carer works out for you Celyn and that the sun shines on Sue's wedding
My daughter cuts my hair when its quiet in the salon in Mumbles so I'll have to find out when she is working next week and try and leave the nail scissors alone . She goes mad when I hack it myself but it grows like weeds

Page 24 of 49 « First < 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top