Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2015, 09:22 PM

Painkilling gels..

Tony (hubby) suffers a lot of pain in his knees due to arthritis. He's tried lots of pain killing gels (Ibufropen etc) but they haven't done much for him.
Last week when we were on holiday in Margate we were chatting to a man and he told Tony about this gel called Piroxicam that helped the pain in his knees. It sounds too good to be true but Tony will ask for some anyway the next time he goes to the doctors ... He lives in hope.

What I was wondering was: Do any of our members on here use it or use any other gels for pain.
Do you think it helps?
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2015, 10:08 PM

Re: Painkilling gels..

Originally Posted by carol ->
Tony (hubby) suffers a lot of pain in his knees due to arthritis. He's tried lots of pain killing gels (Ibufropen etc) but they haven't done much for him.
Last week when we were on holiday in Margate we were chatting to a man and he told Tony about this gel called Piroxicam that helped the pain in his knees. It sounds too good to be true but Tony will ask for some anyway the next time he goes to the doctors ... He lives in hope.

What I was wondering was: Do any of our members on here use it or use any other gels for pain.
Do you think it helps?
I use Diclofenic Carol but I don't think it does much good. I take two Co Codomil in the mornings only, as I find taking more binds me up. I have been given other pain killers but reading what the side affects can cause, I just stopped taking them.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2015, 10:35 PM

That's the trouble with alot of painkillers maursey, they help one problem but cause another.
No doubt at some time or other we have all needed a painkiller, even its only for a simple headache, but I have always felt they merely disguise the problem, not cure it.
A couple of years ago I was given some steroids by a GP. He later referred me to a rheumatologist.
The rheumatologist could not make an accurate diagnosis because the previous doc had given me steroids. This medication had 'blurred the picture' so much, by stopping some symptoms and creating more. I was told to come off them (gradually), and that I shouldn't have been given them in the first place.
Co-codomel can ease pain, but blocks the bowels up instead in a lot of people.
I try to avoid medication as much as possible, else I end up with more problems than I started with.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2015, 10:43 PM

I find Deep Freeze Gel from the £shop really good when my arthritis is bad (usually my shoulders) and I have been using this after my recent fall ...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2015, 10:44 PM

I have never found any that work, pain killing tablets help a bit but I have resigned myself to not being pain free.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2015, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Do you think it helps?
I use Movelat gel which is a miracle treatment for arthritic pain in my spine and my knee, I play tennis several times a week, power walk a couple of days too, all without any pain!
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2015, 04:50 PM

I reckon alcohol (administered orally) is a most effective pain-killer ....

particularly if taken in quantity - and in combination with codeine, paracetamol, Ibuprofen, diazepam, oxycontin etc etc etc

Absolutely no sense of pain whatever - until the next morning.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2015, 06:34 PM

As per another recent thread regarding arthritis I can recommend you try Glucosamine Gel, which has pretty instant pain relieving attributes. Primarily this ability comes from the ingredient Capsicum (peppers).

Everyone I've seen that tried this was simply gobsmacked at the fast pain relief.

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/sho...e-gel-60063236
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2015, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
As per another recent thread regarding arthritis I can recommend you try Glucosamine Gel, which has pretty instant pain relieving attributes. Primarily this ability comes from the ingredient Capsicum (peppers).

Everyone I've seen that tried this was simply gobsmacked at the fast pain relief.

Has it got much of an odour to it ?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2015, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->

I sometimes use the Healthspan Glucosomine Gel when my thumb joints get tender. It also contains Capsicum Extract, Eucalyptus Oil, Wintergreen Oil and Peppermint Extract.
It definitely helps my thumbs.

www.healthspan.co.uk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top