Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 08:27 PM

Re: Don't Complain To Your MP. You Could Be Reported To The Police!

39% voted to leave, 61% didn't. It is hardly rocket science! If Cameron had had a functioning brain he would have included, in the referendum bill, a requirement for 51% of the electorate to have voted one way or the other to make it binding. As it is, a minority are going to destroy the country.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
39% voted to leave, 61% didn't. It is hardly rocket science! If Cameron had had a functioning brain he would have included, in the referendum bill, a requirement for 51% of the electorate to have voted one way or the other to make it binding. As it is, a minority are going to destroy the country.
Quite frankly, if you could not be bothered to get off your arse and vote, I could not give a toss about your view. So, tough on the 25%......
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 09:18 PM

So as it is, a minority(39%) are going to destroy the country, eh?

You still don't get it, do you?

36% voted to remain; 64% didn't.

As it is, a minority (36%) are trying to destroy the country.

And how would you go about compelling the non-voters to return their votes? According to your philosophy, unless absolutely every member of the electorate voted (which is impossible), we'd retain the status quo: to remain in the EU.

Now that sounds completely unbiased, doesn't it?

Perhaps you are hard of thinking.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
So as it is, a minority(39%) are going to destroy the country, eh?

You still don't get it, do you?

36% voted to remain; 64% didn't.

As it is, a minority (36%) are trying to destroy the country.

And how would you go about compelling the non-voters to return their votes? According to your philosophy, unless absolutely every member of the electorate voted (which is impossible), we'd retain the status quo: to remain in the EU.

Now that sounds completely unbiased, doesn't it?

Perhaps you are hard of thinking.
That's clearly nonsense. Although I do agree with compulsory voting, we haven't got it so it is irrelevant. The relevant thing is only 39% of the electorate voted to leave. That is an irrefutable fact give or a take a decimal place or two.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 09:42 PM

That's clearly nonsense. Although I do agree with compulsory voting, we haven't got it so it is irrelevant. The relevant thing is only 39% of the electorate voted to leave. That is an irrefutable fact give or a take a decimal place or two.
And only 36% voted to remain!

I think I'm flogging a dead horse here!
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 10:01 PM

Why are the voting rules stricter for calling a strike than such a historic act as Brexit ?
Devo
SW UK

10-06-2018, 10:16 PM

That is neither here nor there. The point is a low majority (who, incidentally, voted to leave for a variety of reasons) are being used as a pretext for national destruction, bolstered by dubious arguments, lies and other unethical strategies. Obviously, the same argument would have applied the other way but as that didn't happen, it doesn't matter. All because of the buffoon Cameron who did it wrong and the self-servers pounced on their opportunity.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 05:36 AM

JBR, I think you are if you are hoping to engage Devo in a balanced debate..... some people can't help feeling that they cannot be wrong!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

11-06-2018, 10:45 AM

That is neither here nor there. The point is a low majority (who, incidentally, voted to leave for a variety of reasons) are being used as a pretext for national destruction, bolstered by dubious arguments, lies and other unethical strategies. Obviously, the same argument would have applied the other way but as that didn't happen, it doesn't matter. All because of the buffoon Cameron who did it wrong and the self-servers pounced on their opportunity.
There's only one buffoon here, young man, and that's the person I am addressing right now who, for some unimaginable reason, cannot understand what democracy means.

Go on. Continue to try to assure us that we didn't know what we were voting for.

I wonder whether, if the percentages were reversed and that the vote was to remain in the EU, you wouldn't by trying to make such a song and dance about it.

I know what you are and how you think, although out of politeness I shall not say, but please don't expect any more responses from me to your immature and ridiculous arguments.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 11:14 AM

I shall ask again, why does calling a strike require a larger percentage turn out and majority than Brexit ?

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top