Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2017, 07:46 PM

Kitchen wall cabinets

Thirty + years ago, I put in a kit kitchen which the catering officer in chief loved. The wall cabinets were tall, thus giving extra storage space for little used items. This house, the last two and our cottage have all had/have one shelf units, leaving large gaps above.

Been trawling the 'net looking for tall wall cupboards without success so far. Any hints please ?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2017, 09:37 PM

Re: Kitchen wall cabinets

Friends of ours used two units one on top of the other, and other friends had them specially made. I was quite surprised the bespoke kitchen wasn't as expensive as I'd imagined it would be and they got exactly what thev wanted.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Dobra ->
Thirty + years ago, I put in a kit kitchen which the catering officer in chief loved. The wall cabinets were tall, thus giving extra storage space for little used items. This house, the last two and our cottage have all had/have one shelf units, leaving large gaps above.

Been trawling the 'net looking for tall wall cupboards without success so far. Any hints please ?
Have you tried Howdens? You would need a trade member to buy though. Avoid Wren kitchens.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2017, 09:53 AM

Thanks LD, found their website and they do two heights of wall cabinet.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2017, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Manuel ->
Hi there,

I would like to give a mention on the company which had been doing my remodelling works now and then. They are the providers of The sections they completed where good and we love incorporating them over and over again for our kitchen remodelings. As said in my profile we love to change the surroundings of our favorite common space, The Kitchen.
You needn’t worry about the budget too, as they have many ideas which can be utilised to provide a good, neat and comfortable Kitchen Kit.
Are they in Barcelona?

Oh, i forgot "You know nothing"
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2017, 02:48 PM

How about buying a wide cabinet' using it sideways and replacing the door?
In other words, it would be 'high'
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2017, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
In other words, it wiuld be 'high'
Wouldn't everything fall off the shelves?
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2017, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Wouldn't everything fall off the shelves?
*administers sharp slap with wet lettuce*
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

29-06-2017, 02:58 PM

*administers sharp slap with wet lettuce*
Ooooh!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2017, 04:32 PM

In other words, it would be 'high'
Or hang a wardrobe on the wall?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top