Join for free
Reply
Page 16 of 16 « First < 6 14 15 16
JBR's Avatar
JBR
Senior Member
JBR is online now
Cheshire, UK
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 10,651
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
Yesterday, 03:57 PM
151

Re: The Polish and Others are leaving.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders View Post
Hi

That is so funny and so true.

Don't worry about it, the Polish think it is hilarious.

Wroclaw is pronounced Broswav, Rzeszów is pronounced Chesuf.

Just tell them you are Jadeck Angleski, English Grandfather, you will be most welcome and treated like a king.
My favourite is Łódz which is, apparently, pronounced as 'Wudj'!

No, I don't think I'd manage. Fortunately, I believe that many speak English, at least in the big cities.
Reply With Quote
swimfeeders
Senior Member
swimfeeders is online now
Shropshire
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 8,608
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
Yesterday, 04:42 PM
152

Re: The Polish and Others are leaving.

Originally Posted by JBR View Post
My favourite is Łódz which is, apparently, pronounced as 'Wudj'!

No, I don't think I'd manage. Fortunately, I believe that many speak English, at least in the big cities.
Hi

Yep. Lodz is not far from where I was based in Poland, which is Piotrków Trybunalski.

Piotrkow is the home of the most secure prison in the EU.

We have sent our most dangerous UK prisoner there.

Midway between Lodz and Piotrkow is a huge Airbase, at Lask.

Last year, the USAF sent planes there, part of NATO Training.

Loads of UK Personnel there as well.

Practice dogfights, loads of noise, night and day.

They put on a huge display, contrails all over the sky, visible and audible 30 miles away.

Not a single complaint, the Polish were outside cheering, the kids loved it.

I was the only Englishman in the block of flats, my Polish was not very good, still learning, but I did try.

Knocks on the door, thank you. thank you.

They are not well off the Polish, very little spare money.

Food fags and vodka delivered free.

An elderly Polish Woman , bent over, two sticks, a survivor of WW2, trying to press 10 Zloty, the equivalent of £2 into my hand.

A fortune for her.

Thank you English, thank you.

Things you will never forget.

They absolutely loathe the Communists and Radical Muslims.

I would rather have them here than anyone else.

I simply do not understand why some on here despise them so much.
Reply With Quote
JBR's Avatar
JBR
Senior Member
JBR is online now
Cheshire, UK
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 10,651
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
Yesterday, 04:55 PM
153

Re: The Polish and Others are leaving.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders View Post
Hi

Yep. Lodz is not far from where I was based in Poland, which is Piotrków Trybunalski.

Piotrkow is the home of the most secure prison in the EU.

We have sent our most dangerous UK prisoner there.

Midway between Lodz and Piotrkow is a huge Airbase, at Lask.

Last year, the USAF sent planes there, part of NATO Training.

Loads of UK Personnel there as well.

Practice dogfights, loads of noise, night and day.

They put on a huge display, contrails all over the sky, visible and audible 30 miles away.

Not a single complaint, the Polish were outside cheering, the kids loved it.

I was the only Englishman in the block of flats, my Polish was not very good, still learning, but I did try.

Knocks on the door, thank you. thank you.

They are not well off the Polish, very little spare money.

Food fags and vodka delivered free.

An elderly Polish Woman , bent over, two sticks, a survivor of WW2, trying to press 10 Zloty, the equivalent of £2 into my hand.

A fortune for her.

Thank you English, thank you.

Things you will never forget.

They absolutely loathe the Communists and Radical Muslims.

I would rather have them here than anyone else.

I simply do not understand why some on here despise them so much.
Yes, and we should remember that they were our allies during the war.

A shame about Donald Tusk, though.
Reply With Quote
swimfeeders
Senior Member
swimfeeders is online now
Shropshire
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 8,608
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
Yesterday, 05:32 PM
154

Re: The Polish and Others are leaving.

Originally Posted by JBR View Post
Yes, and we should remember that they were our allies during the war.

A shame about Donald Tusk, though.
Hi

Donald Tusk is absolute scum. hated by the Polish, a sell out
to the USA voters.

He is now completely isolated, he has nowhere to go.
Reply With Quote
Muddy's Avatar
Muddy
Senior Member
Muddy is online now
UK
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 9,895
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
Yesterday, 06:11 PM
155

Re: The Polish and Others are leaving.

Is Poland a big player on the world stage?
Reply With Quote
swimfeeders
Senior Member
swimfeeders is online now
Shropshire
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 8,608
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
Yesterday, 06:45 PM
156

Re: The Polish and Others are leaving.

Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
Is Poland a big player on the world stage?
Hi

Absolutely not Muddy.

They are well down the list.

They have no money at all .

They do remember us however.

We are the good guys, when push comes to shove, their voters are 99.8 % in favour of the UK.

We should not forget this, they are advancing much better than we are.

Nadia is here next week, very little English, got her a job at 55% of the cost of cleaning the NHS Private Clinics.

I am going to have to have a serious discussion with her about things work.

She has absolutely no intention at all of speaking English.

My son has absolutely no idea of what it means.

She is going to have to learn, the first few days will be horrendous, her brother, my son, is a very different person.
Reply With Quote
Twink55's Avatar
Twink55
Senior Member
Twink55 is online now
Cheshire, England
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 9,506
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
Yesterday, 07:01 PM
157

Re: The Polish and Others are leaving.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders View Post
Hi

Absolutely not Muddy.

They are well down the list.

They have no money at all .

They do remember us however.

We are the good guys, when push comes to shove, their voters are 99.8 % in favour of the UK.

We should not forget this, they are advancing much better than we are.

Nadia is here next week, very little English, got her a job at 55% of the cost of cleaning the NHS Private Clinics.

I am going to have to have a serious discussion with her about things work.

She has absolutely no intention at all of speaking English.

My son has absolutely no idea of what it means.

She is going to have to learn, the first few days will be horrendous, her brother, my son, is a very different person.

Swim I am totally confused by the highlighted posts I don't know who Nadia is, but I understood that you only had 2 children, both working abroad and speaking English, so how can your son be her brother?
I am not being nosy but I just don't understand what you have said.
Reply With Quote
AnnieS's Avatar
AnnieS
Senior Member
AnnieS is online now
United Kingdom
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,834
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
Yesterday, 07:19 PM
158

Re: The Polish and Others are leaving.

Poland isn't doing too badly considering it's only 28 years since the fall of the Berlin wall and its former President is now heading the EU. The country has really been turned around. I think it's doing better than some of the PIGS which were not 50 years behind.


Just watching Glasto and spotted a flag at the front saying "Boll**ks to Brexit" at what appears to be the Barry Gibb gig.
Reply With Quote
swimfeeders
Senior Member
swimfeeders is online now
Shropshire
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 8,608
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
Today, 07:12 PM
159

Re: The Polish and Others are leaving.

Originally Posted by Twink55 View Post
Swim I am totally confused by the highlighted posts I don't know who Nadia is, but I understood that you only had 2 children, both working abroad and speaking English, so how can your son be her brother?
I am not being nosy but I just don't understand what you have said.
Hi

The post is an excellent example of how not to do cut and paste without checking it.

It is my mess up completely.

I do only have two kids, a son in Taiwan and a daughter.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 16 of 16 « First < 6 14 15 16

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.