Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2015, 07:22 AM

Posh Frocks.

Just been looking through the dresses worn by the stars for the Oscars, some look fantastic, reminded me of The Posh Frock episode of "The Good Life" I think the blokes have it easy compared to the ladies.

Nice to see Eddie Redmayne winning best actor, looking forward to seeing the "Theory of Everything"
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2015, 07:46 AM

Re: Posh Frocks.

Never worn a 'posh' frock in me life - stylish, yes
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2015, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Never worn a 'posh' frock in me life - stylish, yes
Neither have I Patsy !
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2015, 08:36 AM

I do like a look at the posh frocks for the red carpet events.
Just had a look at this one and the dresses are stunning, love the one which looks like it's got strings of pearls over the top of the material and trains seem to be in vogue as well.

It's another world but no harm in looking.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2015, 10:00 AM

I used to love posh frocks but haven't owned one for years and never will again. It is accept me as I am from now on posh frockless .

Well done Eddie Redmayne I will see the film in about 10 years time when it makes it to television.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2015, 10:04 AM

I went on a cruise once and it was a wonderful opportunity to wear posh frocks ... Also when/if I go to Warners at the New Year almost all the ladies wear a long dress & jewels. I enjoy dressing up when I get the chance.

Nom - I remember the 'Posh Frock' episode of The Good Life. One of my favourite TV series that was.

You'll like The theory of everything. I saw it last week.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2015, 10:51 AM

Some lovely frocks definitely also some bloopers, I wonder if some people have a mirror before they go out
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2015, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Some lovely frocks definitely also some bloopers, I wonder if some people have a mirror before they go out
I've often wondered the same
Wouldn't give you tuppence for them
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2015, 10:23 PM

Loved "The Good Life", I have one posh frock, I wore to my daughter's wedding, it's been covered up in the wardrobe ever since. I can't wait for "The Theory of Everything" to come out on DVD, it looks excellent. I thought Lady Gaga did a wonderful job of singing the "Sound of Music" songs, her voice is amazing and she always looks fantastic. Not really into celebs, but it seems the Oscars are choosing some really good films and actors for awards these days.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 06:53 AM

I stayed at 'The Grand Hote.in Torquay recently, and took some Evening Dresses.

It became apparent that only two women dressesed up for Evening Dinner and most wore casual clothes, and some did not bother to change at all

Sign of the times?

Some one must buy the lovley Posh Frocks in the shops
But do they ever wear them?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top