Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 07:44 AM

Re: Posh Frocks.

I love Strictly because of all the gorgeous outfits and the twinkle, not just the women the men too wear a bit of glitz. I love clothes and making an effort, alas people no longer do formal and I have to admit I'm happiest in jeans and tshirts
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 08:51 AM

I have several posh frocks from my other life that I have packed away .
I though my grandchildren would like to dress up in them but that hasn't happened .
Little girls have all the dress up outfits they want from Sainsbury's .
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 09:02 AM

I love wearing formal frocks and there are still many occasions/places where it is required. I design and make my own - challenging but fun !
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 09:34 AM

You can't beat a posh frock, especially a racy little red or black number, finished off with a nice pair of high heels, topped with some bling , nice lippy and eye-shadow, ......mind you, the wife won't go out with me when im dressed like that........
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 09:42 AM

Mind you looking at some of these Ladies days events at the races, i do wonder what passes through folks minds when dressing for the occasion.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Mind you looking at some of these Ladies days events at the races, i do wonder what passes through folks minds when dressing for the occasion.
Yes, not a single corset or bustle in sight, let alone goggles! Tsk!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 03:55 PM

Oh dear, haven't worn a posh frock for years. When we go on a cruise I have plenty of long skirts, pretty tops and evening jackets to wear, which I find much more comfortable. Accessories complete the look for me personally.
I'd feel weird wearing an evening dress now although they do look very good on some people of my age.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 04:00 PM

Alas! My posh frocks have been pushed to the back of the wardrobe for years...doubt very much if I would still fit into them,.....but I DO wear My Tiara around the house when I'm hoovering..IT still fits,
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
You can't beat a posh frock, especially a racy little red or black number, finished off with a nice pair of high heels, topped with some bling , nice lippy and eye-shadow, ......mind you, the wife won't go out with me when im dressed like that........
Love your post, had me in fits of laughter.Fair cheered me up..
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 04:10 PM

Sigh, I still look at photos of me in my early twenties and working in advertising in London. My best pal at work back then was a fabulously wealthy and equally beautiful Jewish girl whose Father was a fashion designer and best pal of Videl Sassoon.
I always remember she turned up to work each day looking like a million dollars. Daddy designed all of the "one in existence" clothes she always wore, and guess who always had her many cast-offs? that's right, her best pal - me. Some of the evening dresses she gave me were absolutely fabulous and I would never have afforded them if I had to buy them. Unfortunately, in my social circle away from work, I never ventured anywhere where I could wear them. Disco's and Macdonald's on the way home didn't quite fit the bill for designer dresses. LOL.
I do recall bringing them home and giving them to my mum, whom in turn gave them to my SiL's and young nieces and they ended up cutting up the material to make tops, skirts etc, so at least they found some good use.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top