Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2015, 09:09 PM

Re: Tennis grunts and groans

Maria Sharapova is the undisputed Queen of the grunts.
The noise she makes is 101 decibels. It's the sound equivalent of an aeroplane landing, some say it exceeds this level.
Interesting to note that she doesn't emit a peep when practising.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I think the first lady grunter on the tennis courts was back in the early 1990's. Does anyone remember Monica Seles? She always sounded as if she was in agony and her opponent at the time was Jennifer Capriati who, not very politely, told her to shut up!
That's the one that started the ball rolling - with a grunt
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 02:37 PM

If the crowd started booing every time they grunt/shriek, they would soon find a way of keeping quiet.

Arthur
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Old Supporter ->
If the crowd started booing every time they grunt/shriek, they would soon find a way of keeping quiet.

Arthur
Good suggestion Arthur, another way would be to bring a loud whoopee cushion with you and make a big fart noise after each grunt, that wouldn't be long about shutting them up.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 04:46 PM

Thank god I have no interest whatsoever in tennis. Even if I did, I couldn't stand listening to all that chimpanzee-like grunting and screeching the women do when they're playing tennis. There's absolutely no need for it. If I even hear a few seconds of it on the evening news I can feel my temper stating to simmer.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top