Join for free
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2015, 07:51 AM

Re: Radio controlled boats, planes, and cars.

My Brother's in a Model Boat Club that meet up twice a week, he has a Yacht and a Speedboat
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2015, 08:49 AM

I have 2 yachts that must be over 40 years old. Both are radio controlled.
The good thing about sailboats, is that they very rarely get broken. Not like planes or cars.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2015, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
That's a nice collection. Looks like most of them are covered wood. Any foam in that lot?
They are all balsa wood & that plastic stuff stuck over it. Very technical but I can't remember what it's called.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2015, 11:29 PM

Hi Emjay

Been trying to find my old pics of models like the Tiger Moth 1931 etc. All balsa, paper and dope days and free flight. No chance of that these days, never be able to get them back, Dead keen as a kid, the Keilcraft Kits of rubber power etc and chuck gliders.
Few years back a guy was flying models over towns and beaches with onboard camera and getting amazing shots so thought I would like some of that,
So purchased all the gear as you do, cracking slope soarer about 8ft wingspan,(loved it), thoughts of the "Thomas Crown Affair" with Steve McQueen , loved that as well and the music "Circles of my mind" Plus got the electric motor , controls the lot.
So brought it all home and living on the hills of the South Downs thought this will me great .
Then I am told I could not fly it without insurance and I could not fly it on the South Downs as the Park Ranger could confiscate it!!!!! Plus as I had never flown radio control a lot of money would be smashed up in seconds, great. Thought strange the other guy flys his over Arundel and Brighton,
So took the lot back to the shop and got my money back.
Guess now they have the helicopter type things and taking pics is considered intrusive and politically incorrect.
Now they have radio controlled boats to take out ground bait for fishing, that aint fishing is it?
Nice to see so many models, keep them flying but still love those graceful gliders best.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2015, 08:36 AM

I also am a glider fan. Many of my models are powered gliders.
I have delved into wings and I also have a few quads.
The technology has changed so much since the balsa and tissue days.
You can find some of my videos on 'Vimeo' and 'youtube'
The Jan 1th video shows what can be done these days.
What you are seeing is what I am seeing via goggles. Cameras, satellites, (note top right corner of screen) and RX and TX.

https://vimeo.com/home/myvideos/page...e/format:video
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2015, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
I also am a glider fan. Many of my models are powered gliders.
I have delved into wings and I also have a few quads.
The technology has changed so much since the balsa and tissue days.
You can find some of my videos on 'Vimeo' and 'youtube'
The Jan 1th video shows what can be done these days.
What you are seeing is what I am seeing via goggles. Cameras, satellites, (note top right corner of screen) and RX and TX.

Wow Emjay, you are famous. Will need to join that site so I can see your vid. Will try and do that this evening as off out now to enjoy the sun.
dukeofearl
south coast uk

11-09-2015, 09:39 AM

Hi Emjay, that is a good site, but I can't find your planes?
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK

11-09-2015, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
Hi Emjay, that is a good site, but I can't find your planes?
This link should take you to my page with my videos.
dukeofearl
south coast uk

11-09-2015, 11:18 AM

Tried that Emjay.

Just took me to the main site. I did get a young naked female playing the violin but no Emjay.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK

11-09-2015, 02:58 PM

What! Naked female, where?
That URL should have taken you to my list of videos.
I will try something else.
Try this
https://vimeo.com/34912900

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top