Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2016, 05:33 PM

Re: Im wondering.

Nom, any medical problems should be discussed with your GP and not on here.
You can do more harm than good by swallowing all the crap that has been suggested on this thread... I thought you would have had more sense by now
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2016, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Nom, any medical problems should be discussed with your GP and not on here.
You can do more harm than good by swallowing all the crap that has been suggested on this thread... I thought you would have had more sense by now
Personal experience counts a lot for me Malcolm, so i take it on board when making my decisions.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2016, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Personal experience counts a lot for me Malcolm, so i take it on board when making my decisions.
Well said Nom! Probiotic stuff is sold in supermarkets and won't do you any harm, plus the advice that I gave you comes from a dietician , who was treating my sister for the same problem. Other people's experience can often be very useful, when it comes to health problems, and I am sure you are wise enough to make the right decisions for yourself, or ask your doctor if in doubt.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2016, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Well said Nom! Probiotic stuff is sold in supermarkets and won't do you any harm, plus the advice that I gave you comes from a dietician , who was treating my sister for the same problem. Other people's experience can often be very useful, when it comes to health problems, and I am sure you are wise enough to make the right decisions for yourself, or ask your doctor if in doubt.
What problem ? He hasn't mentioned one!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2016, 06:03 PM

Malcolm, you really read should read the thread properly, you may understand it then
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK

19-09-2016, 06:05 PM

My insides are feeling a bit clobbered, the cocktail of painkillers, and things im taking to counter the less productive effects of these has left me wondering if taking some of these probiotic products might help restore the gut bacteria.

So has anyone experience of these. Ive heard Sauerkraut is helpful but not sure where i could use it in my diet.
So where does it say what his problem is ?
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2016, 06:06 PM

My insides are feeling a bit clobbered, the cocktail of painkillers, and things im taking to counter the less productive effects of these has left me wondering if taking some of these probiotic products might help restore the gut bacteria.

So has anyone experience of these. Ive heard Sauerkraut is helpful but not sure where i could use it in my diet.

Hope this answers Malcolm's question
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2016, 06:40 PM

Hi Nom

Saurkraut is indeed super nutritious and so easy to make. It has allegedy 10 x the lacto-bacteria content of probiotic yoghurts like Yakult. A healthy gut is key to all health.

If you can chop up a cabbage with a knife or mandolin then you can make saurkraut. Takes about 4 weeks for it to be ready but then lasts weeks/months in the fridge.
Lochsong
The Scrubs !!!
Lochsong is female  Lochsong has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2016, 06:44 PM

I take Actimel of a day, and have done for years. I stopped for a short space of time, trying to cut back on the grocery bills, but soon appeared to suffer gut problems. Back on the Actimel - fine! I consider I am healthy, and seldom suffer illnesses.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2016, 06:49 PM

So has anyone experience of these. Ive heard Sauerkraut is helpful but not sure where i could use it in my diet
Nom did you see Azz's thread...

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...ted+vegetables

..don't hesitate to contact him using the feedback section if you want advice on the subject.

Beware, many of the over the counter yogurt/ probiotics are full of sugar . Ask Azz about Kefir .

Also see this thread....

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=24378

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top