Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Dee999
New Member!
London
Dee999 is female 

05-11-2016, 08:37 PM

Exercise

How can I build gentle exercise into my day? I work full time and don't like exercise!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2016, 08:52 PM

Re: Exercise

Hi Dee and welcome

Run upstairs full pelt, no holding the rail, imagine someone is chasing you!

Strip and remake a bed.

Do daft dancing while the kettle boils, you know what I mean, the twist, the charleston etc.

Stretch up high and down to the floor several times.

When you take off your tights, stockings, hold ups, knee highs, or whatever you wear on your legs...do it lying on the end of the bed and while you're there do fifty cycling in the air movements first forwards and then 50 backwards.

That should do it !
Dee999
New Member!
London
Dee999 is female 

05-11-2016, 08:58 PM

Thanks for tips-will try!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2016, 09:17 PM

Allow extra time and walk whenever possible. Walking is a much underrated exercise Dee. Just one mile every day will provide excellent results over time.
devon56
London
devon56 is male  devon56 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2016, 07:18 PM

A few things I do as I don't like exercise per se.

Take the stairs instead of the lift whenever possible. This also applies to the London underground. Any station with lifts will have an emergency staircase available. These are generally at least 200 steps and are a good work out.

Walk where possible. If you drive to work try parking 100-200 yards from home or work and walking the last bit.

Dance is a good option (if you enjoy) - grab 5 minutes bop to a favourite number every night.
Cosmos
UK
Cosmos is female  Cosmos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2016, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Hi Dee and welcome

Strip and remake a bed.

Do daft dancing while the kettle boils, you know what I mean, the twist, the charleston etc.

When you take off your tights, stockings, hold ups, knee highs, or whatever you wear on your legs...do it lying on the end of the bed and while you're there do fifty cycling in the air movements first forwards and then 50 backwards.

That should do it !
Lol , gentle build up ah.....haha
Cosmos
UK
Cosmos is female  Cosmos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2016, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Allow extra time and walk whenever possible. Walking is a much underrated exercise Dee. Just one mile every day will provide excellent results over time.

Thats right OGF......just walk more,.....maybe try and swim once a week also.....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2016, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Hi Dee and welcome

Strip and remake a bed.

That should do it !

Kinky ruthio. Why does she need to strip first?
Rosey
Essex,UK
Rosey is female  Rosey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2016, 08:58 AM

Join a Taoist Tai Chi class.......just gentle movements, but great exercise and you will make lots of new friends too.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2016, 10:02 AM

I agree with Rosie, Tai Chi is very gentle and seems to help.
I bought dvds of Tai Chi for arthritis, I do it at home as I'm not good at balancing so don't want to embarrass myself in a group and can do as much as I'm able instead of trying to keep up.
You don't realise how many muscles you use doing it, until afterwards!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top