Join for free
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2016, 10:21 AM

Comfrey

Whenever I've broken a bone (it's been quite frequently in the last five years - twice an ankle and once a wrist) I've rubbed Comfrey ointment in to the injured site several times a day.

They've always healed up perfectly - not even a twinge.
I often wonder if the Comfrey helped or was it a coincidence.

Anybody else believe in this stuff?

I was tested for brittle bones and the tests were normal. All my accidents were caused by rushing around too much & not watching where I was going.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2016, 10:26 AM

Re: Comfrey

Glad to hear you think it has helped Carol.
Like lots of things, there seem to be mixed reports on Comfrey, although I think it is more when it is ingested that some say to be careful.

I remember many years ago trying to make some liquid fertilizer with the leaves!
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2016, 12:15 PM

Well it`s `country` name is knitbone and if it helps all well and good. The leaves can cause skin irritation to some but not in a cream form.

It does indeed make a good liquid feed but one word of warning-it STINKS
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2016, 06:41 PM

Yes I'm quite (comfrey) in my recliner armchair - thank you.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top