Join for free
Page 10 of 11 « First < 8 9 10 11 >
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2017, 08:46 AM

Re: dashcam

Originally the möbius were made for outdoor use, such as helmet cams and model cams. So being in the open air, it had that for cooling. My one did not even get very warm.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2017, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Yes they do get hot in usage but the heat sinks should effectively dissipate the heat. I had thought like yourself, that use of capacitors might lower he heat but I guess not.
With batteries, using the device as a dashcam would have reduced their life.
Thanks for your response. I can live with this, of course, as long as the camera continues to perform and doesn't stop working/melt/burst into flames soon after the year's warranty is up!

Yes, by the way, I checked and it does state they come with a 12 month warranty.

I just find it a little strange that my old RoadHawk camera doesn't become at all hot (and no heat sinks), although admittedly it is certainly not HD.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2017, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
Originally the möbius were made for outdoor use, such as helmet cams and model cams. So being in the open air, it had that for cooling. My one did not even get very warm.
Yes, I can understand that. In the online instruction manual it does mention that they should not be used as a dash cam on a hot day without some sort of external cooling system (air conditioning perhaps?), but this is after explaining the preference of changing the battery with capacitors to reduce heating.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2017, 06:24 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-4099...-dodgy-drivers

A pilot scheme which has seen action taken against dangerous drivers is being expanded across Wales.
Click the video to watch some frightening footage, including the crash at the end .....
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2017, 06:36 PM

I think its a good idea, its frightening to think of these idiots on the road, but people must remember not to post their videos on line or it can't be used as evidence
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

21-08-2017, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-4099...-dodgy-drivers

Click the video to watch some frightening footage, including the crash at the end .....
I'm all in favour of it. I wouldn't hesitate to offer my dashcam footage to help with the conviction of an idiot or arrogant driver.

Having said that, I'd resist handing over my dashcam to the police, and would prefer to send them a copy of the recording. I'd worry that they might 'lose' my camera. If they insisted, I suppose I'd give them the memory card and hope that I don't need it until I get home.

I'd be interested to know whether the police insist on taking the card or camera there and then.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2017, 09:23 AM

I feel sure that a copy of the video could be sent to them. Or if they wanted the card, then you could always carry a spare.
Also some cameras over write previous recording after a certain time, as in a 'loop' system.
This would depend on the size of the card.
If you recorded an incident, you should change the card to save it being over written.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

22-08-2017, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
If you recorded an incident, you should change the card to save it being over written.
Yes, that would be the ideal. I should really get one.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2017, 02:00 PM

I forgot how much space recording eats up. I checked my card recently, weeks after my drive to/from Lowestoft, and saw the card was full. Looking at the footage I realised that most of the outward journey had been written over, so deleting my little excited dance (or mostly the audio part of me squealing happily!!) in my seat as the Red Arrows went over! All that footage of the places going past before them, as I made my way down the straight A406! I was gutted.

Should have realised and got a spare card.

BTW, the recording quality was excellent.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK

22-08-2017, 02:22 PM

I think that there should be a warning that tells you when the card is full. Also maybe an option for not letting it being overwritten.
But saying all that, I suppose the object of the exercise is for it to record any event that might happen on the journey.

Page 10 of 11 « First < 8 9 10 11 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top