Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2017, 11:41 PM

Re: David Austin roses

I've got quite a few D.A. roses, they are very nice.

I also buy from Peter Beale:

https://www.classicroses.co.uk/

And:

Country Garden Roses

https://www.countrygardenroses.co.uk/

I have found all these good.

Thank goodness that bloomin' wind has finally dropped.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Last year Aldi did a large brown reinforced paper bag for covering roses and other shrubs, I bought a couple which I still have in the shed.
Thanks Rehab, that's interesting.

I have new buds which have opened and they are fine, no brown edges and not falling off, so covering the whole plant when heavy rain is expected is a great idea.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I've got quite a few D.A. roses, they are very nice.

I also buy from Peter Beale:

And:

Country Garden Roses

https://www.countrygardenroses.co.uk/

I have found all these good.

Thank goodness that bloomin' wind has finally dropped.
I thought he sold fruit & veg.

Thanks Mups, I will have a look at those later today.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

26-11-2017, 12:56 PM

I forgot to update this. I contacted DA Roses and they recommended pruning down to the next set of leaves to encourage repeat flowering. It worked.
Tartlet
UK
Tartlet is female  Tartlet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2017, 03:41 PM

I love David Austin Roses and would recommend buying them direct. Mine have always arrived in excellent condition and beautifully packed. I’ve bought more potted ones than bare root ones and they’ve always been very well established in the pots.

My favourite variety to date is probably Lichfield Angel with LD Braithwaite and Boscobel as runners up.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2017, 05:35 PM

I have just ordered 7 new bare root roses from Peter Beale this autumn, just waiting for them to be delivered now.

I like his roses as much as David Austin's.
I hope I have chosen ones more resistant to the dreaded Black Spot this year, as I don't like continually spraying with my dogs around, especially as young Gertie is a budding gardener and digs and prunes with gay abandon!

One of them in particular is special to me because it was one of my dear ex-husband/ friend's favourites - 'Fragrant Cloud'.
He died about 3 weeks ago, so I have bought it for him, he would have been pleased with that.

Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2017, 05:58 PM

Mups I hope you have great success with them especially the Fragrant Cloud"
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2017, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Thanks Summer. I wasn't aware of that. I will give it a try.
David Austin Roses would not have done that if they were bought from the David Austin center. My thoughts are that those have been recently potted up from bare rooted .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

26-11-2017, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Norway ->
Mups I hope you have great success with them especially the Fragrant Cloud"

Thank you Norway.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2017, 11:54 PM

I've just looked up Fragrant Cloud Mups, it looks beautiful and I hope it does well for you.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top