Join for free
Page 3 of 24 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 12:08 AM

Re: Famine in Africa

Im afraid I also belong to the growing number who are saying enough is enough,

While the plight of the individuals is terrible the continued call for aid the corruption and the lack of end to the situation or attempt by governments there to sort things out has made me hardened to the situation.

I do think only when the aid runs out will thse countries sit down and make plans to help themsleves out of the situations that cause these poblems over and over again because it isnt just natural disasters its man made problems.

My charity pennies will stay closer to home.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 12:23 AM

Bugger me. Sitting at your laptops, watching your TV's on a nice pension sipping a cup of freshly brewed tea........and you deny a child a sip of water and a bowl of rice ?

Education and increased prosperity cuts family sizes.....Google it. Africa is a rich continent and getting better at looking after itself..........Google it. Africa has crooks......so does the west, except here we elect them.......or bail them out with billions of pounds, so they can continue getting their bonuses from our taxes.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
Bugger me. Sitting at your laptops, watching your TV's on a nice pension sipping a cup of freshly brewed tea........and you deny a child a sip of water and a bowl of rice ?

Education and increased prosperity cuts family sizes.....Google it. Africa is a rich continent and getting better at looking after itself..........Google it. Africa has crooks......so does the west, except here we elect them.......or bail them out with billions of pounds, so they can continue getting their bonuses from our taxes.
It's largely down to the corrupt Governments of such countries, differing factions fighting amongst themselves - and the guy's can't keep their pants on.!

Yawn...bored now - heard it all before...........
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 12:27 AM

Yes. Aren't we such naughty, heartless people.

I'll say 15 Hail Mary's and flagellate myself for half an hour.

And I'm not even a Roman Candle.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes. Aren't we such naughty, heartless people.

I'll say 15 Hail Mary's and flagellate myself for half an hour.

And I'm not even a Roman Candle.
You need to repent more mate.

30 hail Mary's and I'll beat you for a whole day......
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 12:58 AM

It was ok for us to ask their help during WWII with the Somaliland Camel Corps and Sudan Defence Force fighting alongside British troops against the Axis powers. Various empires have meddled in the region for centuries and descendants cannot just walk away from situations that are the long-term result of imperial meddling. These are human beings, the children didn't choose to be born there and now they are suffering one of the worst experiences known to humans - starvation.

Having said that I agree that it's impossible to get aid to the right places and the South Sudan government are making that far more difficult than it could be. I hope the World does something about that.

These regions have suffered terrible conflicts and should have just as much foreign focus as Iraq, Afghanistan etc. I'm not sure what the west or UN are doing to try to maintain peace if anything, but it's clearly not working in South Sudan. Iman abdulmajid the late David Bowie's wife was a Somalian refugee. I know some pretty decent Somalis. You can't tar everyone with the same brush.

Past meddling has consequences and these lead right back to our door.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2017, 12:58 AM

Hey.......just to remind you all, Easter is coming. Forget the religious meaning......don't forget to get your loved ones lots of expensive chocolate eggs.......gotta top up the chances of diabetes and obesity in your grandchildren.
Bugger those darkies with flies round their eyes and runny noses......just change channels......wheres the remote ?
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

17-03-2017, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It was ok for us to ask their help during WWII with the Somaliland Camel Corps and Sudan Defence Force fighting alongside British troops against the Axis powers. Various empires have meddled in the region for centuries and descendants cannot just walk away from situations that are the long-term result of imperial meddling. These are human beings, the children didn't choose to be born there and now they are suffering one of the worst experiences known to humans - starvation.

Having said that I agree that it's impossible to get aid to the right places and the South Sudan government are making that far more difficult than it could be. I hope the World does something about that.

These regions have suffered terrible conflicts and should have just as much foreign focus as Iraq, Afghanistan etc. I'm not sure what the west or UN are doing to try to maintain peace if anything, but it's clearly not working in South Sudan. Iman abdulmajid the late David Bowie's wife was a Somalian refugee. I know some pretty decent Somalis. You can't tar everyone with the same brush.

Past meddling has consequences and these lead right back to our door.
Not to my door, no.

Government and politicians decisions, not mine!
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

17-03-2017, 01:05 AM

Hey.......just to remind you all, Easter is coming. Forget the religious meaning......don't forget to get your loved ones lots of expensive chocolate eggs.......gotta top up the chances of diabetes and obesity in your grandchildren.
Bugger those darkies with flies round their eyes and runny noses......just change channels......wheres the remote ?
Yeh, yeh.

Keep it coming matey.
Are you still a nightclub comic?
Bruv
Kent UK

17-03-2017, 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Yeh, yeh.

Keep it coming matey.
Are you still a nightclub comic?
Why......do you want to be my straight man ?

Page 3 of 24 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top