Join for free
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 11:46 PM

Syrias Disappeared :The case against Assad

Syrias disappeared : The case against Assad
A chilling documentary on Channel four now
10s of thousands of people have disappeared in Assads Syria since 2011
A mass of documents describing the Mass arrests of citizens have been found.
In 2011 the Arab Spring swept across Syria . The young middle class left wing hoped for freedom from the despotic Assad regime.peaceful protests were met with violent repression .
Then as more people demonstrated mass arrests were ordered .
Especially against academics and professionals who were against the regime.
The order was from the top and thousands were arrested and interrogated ie tortured and murdered in clandestine detention centres.
Many of these were situated in hospitals .
The regime has refused to give the families any details of where they are ,some who were released took the names of the imprisoned written on scraps of shirt written in blood concealed in their clothes.
A defector escaped from Syria he was a photographer who worked for the regimes security forced
Like the nazis the regime kept meticulous records and the defector brought with him thousands of photos of dead men and boys most horrifically tortured . ( over 6000 in all)
These are crimes against humanity on a grand scale .
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2017, 08:38 PM

Re: Syrias Disappeared :The case against Assad

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
the regime kept meticulous records .
That really doesn't make any sense. What possible purpose would that serve?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2017, 08:41 PM

Isnt it extraordinary ?
But the nazis did just the same .
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2017, 08:43 PM

or is it just fake propaganda?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

24-03-2017, 09:04 PM

The programme last night showed a mother speaking whose son was taken .
She was an educated women a head mistress of a school . She kept going to the authorities until they tired of her or pitied her and gave her a number .
The number of a corpse .
She was able to trace the photograph of her sons corpse .
That's all she has .
I don't think anyone could fake her grief and determination and she was backed up by a man who was imprisoned with her son but was released .
Undoubtably the picture of the corpse was her son .
I believe it .
This has happened before I was in Argentina in the time of the dirty war when hundreds of people disappeared ( were murdered ) they were the same sort of people too young educated politically active wanting change and freedom .
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2017, 10:45 PM

I could believe Assad capable of any atrocity.
I watched a documentary about chemical weapons last week and it showed photographs of villages in Syria, where Assad's regime had used sarin gas to kill their own civilian population - I believe they killed over 1,500 people this way and injured twenty times as many with other chemical weapons.
It was horrendous and distressing to see the video footage, with so many adults & children, just lying where they fell in the street. The effects of Sarin produce a particularly painful death.

On the meticulous record keeping - it does seem strange that records would be kept, as they could be used as evidence against them in the future.
Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge did the same thing - they photographed,numbered and named all their victims & where they lived, sometimes before, during and after torture & death.
I've seen hundreds of these photographs at Tuol Sleng - they even made the victims sit in a special chair which sent electric shocks through their body, to draw their lips back involuntarily, so it looked like they were smiling when their photos were taken.
Just looking at the photos of all those poor kids and young people is chilling and sickening.
M.P.R. Ashford
Kent
M.P.R. Ashford is male 

08-04-2017, 09:09 AM

Trump has bombed one of their airfields. The next move should be to tell the Russians and Assad the airfield is a permanent target and will be subject to more bombing without further notice. If they drop any other Barrel Bombs another airfield will be treated the same way. Over time they won't have an operational airfield to use. Any other ideas??
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2017, 03:53 PM

Is it me or does the complete destruction of the country you want to rule make no sense?
Surely to be a powerful leader you'd want a thriving, pleasant country not a pile of rubble and graves.
I don't get it, please explain someone...
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2017, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by M.P.R. Ashford ->
Trump has bombed one of their airfields. The next move should be to tell the Russians and Assad the airfield is a permanent target and will be subject to more bombing without further notice. If they drop any other Barrel Bombs another airfield will be treated the same way. Over time they won't have an operational airfield to use. Any other ideas??
Hi

Yep, loads.

Assad was our ally, strange how times change isn't it?

We were very grateful for his support against saddam Hussain.

The West did not flinch at all when Saddam used chemical weapons against Iran in the Iraq Iran war.

Double standards indeed.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2017, 07:28 PM

I'm old enough to remember Viet Nam and napalm, Agent Orange etc.
Trump is just a figure head for the American dream of taking over the World.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top