Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 06:59 PM

Re: MKJ's Music Choices

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Ah ... forgotten what my OH had. Think there was a Telecaster (but Japanese ) and I have pics somewhere from when I advertised a couple of his guitars on Gumtree. The other was a Takamine (limited edition). Looked very posh

I digress

Will we experience your playing?

I've posted a few up. Here's one..

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...ht=david+bowie
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Aha ... missed that before ... yayyyyyyyy
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...ht=david+bowie
Great stuff Fender .
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 10:51 PM

My picks should arrive any day now and I intend to practice for maybe an hour a day - or every other day if my fingers become sore (and they will).
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 11:01 PM

Because I started out with folk music, I never got into using picks/plectra - I'm more of a Mark Knopfler finger picker (without anything like his level of skill and musicianship, of course).
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 08:52 AM

This little tune illustrates my finger-picking style. It is a melody I wrote in memory of a poor little puppy which was born in rescue and died at 4 months as a result of deformations caused by the mother's malnutrition during pregnancy. For those into music, it was played in DADGAD tuning on my Ovation acoustic guitar.
https://soundcloud.com/user-11840510...44/petals-song
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
My picks should arrive any day now and I intend to practice for maybe an hour a day - or every other day if my fingers become sore (and they will).
Good ...
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

25-04-2017, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
This little tune illustrates my finger-picking style. It is a melody I wrote in memory of a poor little puppy which was born in rescue and died at 4 months as a result of deformations caused by the mother's malnutrition during pregnancy. For those into music, it was played in DADGAD tuning on my Ovation acoustic guitar.
Very thoughtful and fitting.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

25-04-2017, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
Too sad for me to listen all the way through
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

26-04-2017, 02:49 PM

Finger picks have arrived . Fit perfectly too. I've attempted to play but I can't for the life remember the pieces I learned from books but I can remember my own compositions - emotional attachment no-doubt. Only thing is the pain. Just pressing down on one string with my little finger hurts like hell. Will take a while before my fingers harden again, in the meantime I will have to suffer for my cause.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top