Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2017, 09:05 PM

Henry vacuum cleaner?

What do we know about the Henry vacuum cleaner, please?

I have a chance to buy a secondhand one for about £45

I live in a flat with -
one bedroom; one living room; stairs & landing - all carpeted
one bathroon; one kitchen - with lino
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2017, 09:10 PM

Re: Henry vacuum cleaner?

Hi Zulu.

You can't go wrong with a Henry. It has a long hose and is powerful, particularly the older ones before the EU stuck their conks in. The one with a retracting cable is useful. I have had a few different makes but still think Henry is the best.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2017, 09:19 PM

Yep,

Widely used in the trade. They can take serious abuse!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2017, 09:33 PM

Just remembered that I had an old one for over 25 years which I used for work. I never put a bag in it but it worked for all those years. In fact people are still selling old Henrys on Ebay even if they don't work.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2017, 10:13 PM

Love my Henry I use one at work and I've got one at home, only thing I've added is an airbrush because Labrador hair is a pain to get up. I've used many vacuums over the years Henry is one I constantly return to that has to mean something.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2017, 10:57 PM

YES YES YES

I have the Hetty (cheaper version).

Fantastic

We always had upright vacs because that's what Mum had and they seemed better and easier to use.

Had expensive ones and cheaper makes.

Last time I was persuaded (by he who thinks he must be obeyed ) to get a Henry or Hetty.
Workmen coming to my house in the past use a Henry.

Really pleased that I got Hetty
It moves around easily.
Great suction (I tend to use the crevice tool a lot).
Cable retracts manually .. just wind it with the handle.
It has a seriously big bag (and you can get reusable bags with a zip).

No silly bits to mess around with ... must have been designed by a woman

Do it
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2017, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Just remembered that I had an old one for over 25 years which I used for work. I never put a bag in it but it worked for all those years. In fact people are still selling old Henrys on Ebay even if they don't work.

Why didn't you use bags, dongle? Any particular reason?
I'd have thought dust would clog up the works without a bag.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2017, 11:25 PM

The only downside to a Henry is that it's very heavy to carry up stairs and to drag around. Other than that it's great. Some of the newer bag-less models are easier to use as they are lightweight and can be emptied easily without the fuss of bag fitting.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2017, 11:31 PM

The suction is good on my Henry, but it is a big like dragging a dead dog around from room to room. I think uprights are easier in that way.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2017, 11:34 PM

Brilliant.....I abused one at work for over 10 years.....only had to replace it after it was stolen.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top