Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2017, 11:39 PM

Re: Henry vacuum cleaner?

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
The only downside to a Henry is that it's very heavy to carry up stairs and to drag around. Other than that it's great. Some of the newer bag-less models are easier to use as they are lightweight and can be emptied easily without the fuss of bag fitting.
Hi Annie
I find mine surprisingly easy to move around but yes, the thought of taking it upstairs ... ugh ... and down again ... double ugh ... but that's the problem with all vacuum cleaners and there's no way around it.

A few years ago I bought a small cheapie (cylinder) for upstairs but rarely use it because it's not so well designed and I now wonder about an upright cordless one to keep upstairs.

Only considering it.

The other problem with uprights is that they ALL tend to fall over when you tackle the stairs and get wound up in the cable.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2017, 11:48 PM

Rachel I have a cheap cylinder bagless downstairs and keep the Henry upstairs as that's the only area I have carpets and Henry is good on those. The worst bit is carrying the hose thing down the stairs. If I use it downstairs, I usually detach the metal bit and carry that down separately. I must have had Henry 20 years now so they do go on forever.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2017, 12:17 AM

Rachel I have a cheap cylinder bagless downstairs and keep the Henry upstairs as that's the only area I have carpets and Henry is good on those. The worst bit is carrying the hose thing down the stairs. If I use it downstairs, I usually detach the metal bit and carry that down separately. I must have had Henry 20 years now so they do go on forever.
Wow 30 years is pretty good going

Zuludog has to go for it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2017, 12:24 AM

We should have a competition for the oldest Henry still in captivity.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2017, 08:21 AM

The only downside to a Henry is that it's very heavy to carry up stairs and to drag around. Other than that it's great.
Yes I find that these days which is why I have the Hetty downstairs and the stand up Dyson upstairs. I must admit to preferring the Dyson myself these days becaause its less bending. But wifey always users Hetty no matter where she is hoovering in the house.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2017, 08:23 AM

Had mine for over 2 decades perfect for my flat, workhorse and dependable.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2017, 08:24 AM

People saying they are hard to carry on stairs they are apart from a back pack vac I used with one form the safest easiest to do stairs with. We trial vacs at my work and we've had lighter vacs but not safer ones.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

04-05-2017, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
People saying they are hard to carry on stairs they are apart from a back pack vac I used with one form the safest easiest to do stairs with. We trial vacs at my work and we've had lighter vacs but not safer ones.
Oooo ... have you tried the cordless upright ones Julie?

Any good ?

Recommendations please
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2017, 08:54 AM

I would like one of these but they can keep the vacuum cleaner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgr9uWh1lkg
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2017, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Why didn't you use bags, dongle? Any particular reason?
I'd have thought dust would clog up the works without a bag.
I don't know really, I always intended to buy them but never did. Sometimes it would be full to the brim with rubble, screws and nails but it still worked. It's downfall was when I sucked up wet cement.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top