Join for free
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2017, 09:53 AM

Be careful scammers about

This is worrying these heartless scammers target older people
Be careful everyone

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/...trick-13168839
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2017, 10:01 AM

Re: Be careful scammers about

Not often I get violent but stocks on village green and rotten fruit and veg seem an appropriate punishment for these thugs, I won't dignify them by saying men.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2017, 10:54 AM

That's what happened to a lady in our village.£15,000 she lost.
They made her so paranoid that she wouldn't even tell her son about it, she lives with him.
The village pulled together and a fund was started to get her some money to replace what she lost.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2017, 11:57 AM

Cowardly thugs.......and one uses the old "drug habit" excuse in an attempt to get some leniency.
Addicted to weed, really?

I'm sure the army would appreciate moving targets during Live Fire Excercise.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2017, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
This is worrying these heartless scammers target older people
Be careful everyone

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/...trick-13168839
By all means call the police to check, but use your mobile phone.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2017, 09:02 AM

Or call your bank, as but as JBR says, use your mobile...
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2017, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Or call your bank, as but as JBR says, use your mobile...
But if you use the same phone as the 'police' called on, even to call your bank, you'll find yourself still connected to the scammers.

It is necessary to use a different phone (perhaps your mobile) in order to speak to someone else (the real police)!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
But if you use the same phone as the 'police' called on, even to call your bank, you'll find yourself still connected to the scammers.

It is necessary to use a different phone (perhaps your mobile) in order to speak to someone else (the real police)!

Sorry I didn't make myself clear. I was assuming the scammers called on the land line, so use the mobile to make the check call. Or vise versa, but use a different phone.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 09:51 AM

Actually I'm sorry to say this but charities prey on old people too. It's all done legitimately but they do target old people and sell their details if they donate.

When I cleared out an elderly relatives house recently I could not believe the amount of information charities had sent asking for money....mounds of it.

They were successful too because even though she was muddled in many things she was still able to donate. She was a very kind person and if she could help she would, I think she was taken advantage of though, sad really and morally wrong.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 10:00 AM

This is true .
I am inundated with bumf from charities that I have donated too.
One the Red Cross I had to write and ask them NOT to send me any more stuff .

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top