Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2017, 09:41 PM

camera memory cards

Did you know that just deleting pictures with a camera does not remove them? No ? well the data is still there to be recovered if needed via a recovery program. The only way to completely clear them is by formatting.

This tip can be handy if asked by a policeman to remove a picture from a camera for whatever reason. So remove it and show it has been removed, get back home and use a recovery program, something the average bobby doesn't know
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2017, 09:45 PM

Re: camera memory cards

How do you put a recovery program on your camera?
I put a card in my phone but, when I tried to take the photos off it with one of those thingys you use on your laptop that you put the mini card into, it said I had to format it but I would lose the pictures. It's all odd if you ask me!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2017, 09:49 PM

Tessa it is not in your camera it is a seperate program one can download. If you use Sandisk they give a code with the memory card

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=me...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Some on here are free others are a buy product
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2017, 09:52 PM

Ah, will it retrieve photos I deleted from them, is there a code for each or one that you can use for all Sandisks?
Sorry, I'm useless at technology
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2017, 09:52 PM

I normally stuff my card into a card reader which is connected to the desktop. Is there software I can download to the PC, as I have several dud images which could be reactivated ?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

19-05-2017, 09:54 PM

i have posted a link which should help
Tessa sandisk recover all on the card at the same time I have a disk by sandisk called rescue pro

On example of a program

TessA
Official Poinker
UK

19-05-2017, 09:58 PM

You're a star Realspeed thanks!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

19-05-2017, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
You're a star Realspeed thanks!
let me know how you get on please I would love to know. If your card is full the card overwrites any previous data
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2017, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Did you know that just deleting pictures with a camera does not remove them? No ? well the data is still there to be recovered if needed via a recovery program.
Of course it doesn't remove them. This is general computing knowledge! Hard drives are the same, as were the old style 5¼ inch and 3½ inch floppy drives. Flash drives and SD cards are the same as well. When you delete a file you are effectively just removing the Shortcut.

It's a popular misconception that formatting a drive erases data - it doesn't. All it does is remove the Address Tables. (If a drive was a book you'd just be tearing out the contents page.) I frequently recovered data from drives that were accidentally formatted when I helped out in a computer shop. It takes time but not much actual effort. A friend of mine recommended Spinrite a few years ago and it became an invaluable too for us. Just Google for Data Recovery Software and you'll find that as well as other software, very often for free.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

19-05-2017, 10:17 PM

correct Tachyon
however this I mentioned was the basic easy way for members to understand for memory card recovery not hard drive or anything else

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top