Join for free
Page 6 of 17 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 01:58 PM

Re: The Polish and Others are leaving.

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Yes but brexit won't change this because it's our own shoddy systems at fault.
My vote for Brexit had nothing to do with immigrants, I just didn't want to live in the States of Europe... because that is where it is going.

However,Brexit has taught our Politicians that they need to listen more to their public and Theresa May has already realized that immigration has been too easy in Britain. I want to retain our sovereignty and not have to allow 27 votes from other countries to make decisions for Britain. It may not be an easy ride, but then it hasn't been helped by all those who wanted to remain but had forgotten what a democratic vote was. If they want democracy they need to learn the the minority of voters sometimes don't get their own way!

It may have been our own poor systems that let so many immigrants in.... but at least we didn't stand at the borders and welcome them all, like Merkel did. Ask the people in Germany and Sweden how they now feel about the changes the immigrants have made to their countries!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 02:03 PM

I spoke to some Italian baristas at the weekend. They said they came here because there are no jobs at all in italy. They prefer to work for the minimum wage here. They were very critical of their own government and are terrified of what brexit will bring. So they are the opportunists but they do a good job for very little money.
But are they now disillusioned with their prospects here and thinking of moving back home or elsewhere?
I take it from what you said that they are not, other than for how the Brexit negotiations will affect them? Which is fair enough and I don't blame them.
In that respect they're in the same boat as the British people.
Do they like it here and like the British people and way of life? Perhaps they'd like to stay forever ?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
This is the good side-I grew up knowing Polish families-father was a pilot in WW2 etc. Later many came to work on the land,honest ,decent and hard working.

This is the bad side-Trafickers,Polish women ,abused and sold for sex.

And by `Polish` I refer to Czecs etc
You mean Russian gangs i think and who pays for sex, immigrants too?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
But are they now disillusioned with their prospects here and thinking of moving back home or elsewhere?
I take it from what you said that they are not, other than for how the Brexit negotiations will affect them? Which is fair enough and I don't blame them.
In that respect they're in the same boat as the British people.
Do they like it here and like the British people and way of life? Perhaps they'd like to stay forever ?
They like it here but were discussing moving to ireland if brexit leaves them disadvantaged.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 02:22 PM

Ah .... work migrants then. Worried about been disadvantaged and looking for greener grass.

I've no problem with them except it has to be remembered then that they are not actually interested or concerned about the country they work in, ... have no affinity with it or feel part of it, they are what they are, just passing through.

They deserve minor consideration set within the larger question of the UK's future.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Purwell I have fully explained my answer to AnnieS post, shame you can't do the same, instead of your one sentence criticisms of anybody that you don't agree with.
... and which nobody bothers to read.

I don't anyway; they are so predictable and offer nothing of interest.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by twink55 ->
i don't believe we can deport somebody who is born here, that is one of my reasons for wishing to deport anybody who follows sharia law, so they can't commit their evil crimes here.

Try to apply a little common sense, because they don't need schengen to get into britain... Look how many got into the eu claiming to be refugees.... When they weren't.
It was much easier for them to get into europe so they could find a way into britain.
Some traveled over a lot of sea to get from africa to europe, so i hardly think that the 22 miles across the channel will be difficult! Many will claim to have relatives living here, and without any id, ( which they were advised not to bring by isis supporters) how do we prove that they are not related to residents of britain?
There are already too many here, and even those, who were qualified as doctors, managed to plant bombs at airports!
The radicals are not going to give up their desire to control the world, as they threatened to do, so the more we have here the better chance they have.
Do you really think there are just a few bad muslims making all the attacks on europe..... Because you are very naive if you do!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 02:33 PM

They like it here but were discussing moving to ireland if brexit leaves them disadvantaged.
To be fair though, a barista is just somebody who makes , or serves, coffee, so I am sure we would find plenty of unemployed British who would be able to do that job for the minimum wage. Maybe some of those who are living on benefits, so it could be a saving to Britain.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

22-05-2017, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
To be fair though, a barista is just somebody who makes , or serves, coffee, so I am sure we would find plenty of unemployed British who would be able to do that job for the minimum wage. Maybe some of those who are living on benefits, so it could be a saving to Britain.
Its funny but i was talking to them about what a difficult job it must be. They work under great pressure as a tight team, have to multitask a great deal, have a super memory and still have time to be nice to the customer. It's not a career choice and pays badly so unlikely to appeal to many on benefits.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

22-05-2017, 03:19 PM

I forgot to mention the shifts. They work 45 hour weeks on their feet all day. Some days getting up at 4am.

Page 6 of 17 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top