Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 07:00 PM

Re: work bench tidy

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Thank you Barry. When i bought this property where my benches are now on either side were tree trunks split in half from end to end and the flat part as the bench. He was a builder (so called) and had industrial wood working gear on them.
it took me over a day to remove each one as they were braced together like a German you know what.

He was a right cowboy. One minor example of his work in the garage was wiring like I never seen. power to a light switch, from there to a pendant lamp used as a junction box. From that to an extrnl floodlight again as a junction point. next to a flourescent lamp holder again as a junction box and finally to a soduim floodlight.

The garage roof well you would not believe this

yes true he held he struts together with a wood clamp, I have not the heart to replace with wood, keeping it there as a momento of how much of a pratt he was
I think he lived in my house too.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->

He was a right cowboy. One minor example of his work in the garage was wiring like I never seen. power to a light switch, from there to a pendant lamp used as a junction box. From that to an extrnl floodlight again as a junction point. next to a flourescent lamp holder again as a junction box and finally to a soduim floodlight.

yes true he held he struts together with a wood clamp, I have not the heart to replace with wood, keeping it there as a momento of how much of a pratt he was
Blimey RS, hope you are well insured..
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 07:31 PM

Everything now put right apart from that wood clamp. Took months to get all sorted. I was an electrician or at least did 5 yr apprenticeship then gave it up

did a lot myself but the big jobs had professionals in like the main bathroom and central heating.

main bathroom before with cracked toilet seat rim

now with new suite etc

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 07:53 PM

My previous owner saw himself as a bit of a 'bricky' but he obviously didn't bother buying a spirit level.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top