Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 09:02 AM

Re: Saying goodbye to an old friend.

So sorry to hear about Mr Jiggs, Jackie He will remain in your heart forever.

Thinking of you x
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 09:08 AM

All of us with animals can understand how heartbroken you are, Jackie, we've all been through it - some of us many times. I am so very sorry.
He looks a beautiful boy, such a kindly face. It is a very good age for a Newfie, I believe.
Like others here, I too, am in tears now.

If you are going to be with him when the time comes, you can hold him and reassure him and send him on his way with a kiss.
Be brave for his sake, though it'll break your heart I know.

Thinking of you and Mr.Jiggs. x
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 09:38 AM

So sad for you LMB. As Mups says, we have been through it and it's a terrible time. Don't worry about bawling your eyes out, I would be doing the same in your position and don't let the guilt get to you, you ARE doing the right thing by him. Good luck Mr Jiggs on your new adventure.

shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 09:46 AM

Lovemyboys, you poor love, my heart goes out to you. Most of us have been through exactly the same heartache as you are experiencing right now. Our beautiful pets are not just animals, they are part of the family.
If it's any little bit of consolation, please remember that your lovely Mr Jiggs didn't realise when he was chosen as a puppy, just what a wonderful life he was going to have. That's all we can do for them during their lives. Care for them, love them, and give and receive utter devotion.
Mr Jiggs without doubt, has had a wonderful life sharing yours in a world where many pets are treated so cruelly. You have the comfort of knowing you gave him the best of everything.

Sending you a huge hug, thinking of you today.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 09:52 AM

Gosh, so very sad. I hope you cope ok today.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 09:58 AM

Jackie so sad to hear about Mr. Jiggs The dog owners among us will know exactly the pain you are experiencing now..(hugs)
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 09:59 AM

My heart goes out to you today LMB. Stay strong and chat to Mr Jiggs, then ball your eyes out because it is heart breaking.

Our pets are part of the family and will always stay in our hearts.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 11:57 AM

I think every dog owner knows what you are going through , I know I do.

As everyone has said your dear friend Mr Jiggs has been lucky to have someone as loving as you and never more so than now when you will do whats best for him regardless of the pain you feel.

You are letting him go with dignity and without suffering, that last decsion which is so difficult for us is done from love.

I hope that the love and happy memories of Mr Jiggs will tide you over the difficult days to come.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 12:01 PM

A lovely photograph, can see why you are heartbroken.
Pets are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
So sorry.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Jackie so sad to hear about Mr. Jiggs The dog owners among us will know exactly the pain you are experiencing now..(hugs)
Indeed. And cat owners.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top