Join for free
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2017, 05:16 PM

2 possible ops

Just got back from the vets.

When I was clipping my oldest one the other day, I found an unusual lump just over half way up her tail. It wasn't there before or I'd have found it.
It doesn't bother her, she seems totally unaware of it.
My vet is not sure at this stage what it is.
Doesn't think it an abscess, but possible a cyst or possibly a cancerous growth. He needs to see her again in a fortnight and see if the measurements have changed.
There is so little flesh to pull together and stitch, on a tail if operated on. If it does turn out to be cancerous, it will mean tail removal.
Oh dear, another worry.

While we were there, I booked Gertie in for her spay.
30th June she will go in.

Wee bit pee'd off this afternoon, though must determine not to worry too much at this stage.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2017, 05:34 PM

Re: 2 possible ops

Try not to worry Mups it doesn't really help and only serves to stress you out. Easier said than done of course as I know only too well.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2017, 05:37 PM

Let's hope it's a sebaceous cyst, Floyd had one, the vet said some older dogs are prone to them. He squeezed it out, not pleasant but, strangely satisfying.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2017, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Try not to worry Mups it doesn't really help and only serves to stress you out. Easier said than done of course as I know only too well.

Yes, I know you're right EZ.
I shall deal with it as and when I expect.
Thank you though. x
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2017, 05:45 PM

Did he take a bit for biopsy?

I guess if he's leaving that long, it's not considered too serious

Snot like the NHS
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

02-06-2017, 05:58 PM

No he hasn't taken a sample at this stage, I think he is reluctant to get too intrusive at this stage, but he may do that if it has changed in a fortnight.
He did say to go back sooner if it changes in the meantime.
I trust him, he is a good man.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2017, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
No he hasn't taken a sample at this stage, I think he is reluctant to get too intrusive at this stage, but he may do that if it has changed in a fortnight.
He did say to go back sooner if it changes in the meantime.
I trust him, he is a good man.
Sounds good Mups ... try not to measure it every few minutes
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2017, 06:03 PM

Mups I will say what I always say to you when one of you dogs has a health problem.... " If you worry it won't help the dog and it may stress them." My cats always know when I am upset!
I have known more people, who found lumps on their pets, that turned out not to be cancer... so try to adopt a positive approach.
As for Gertie, what an awful time for her to have her op, if we get good weather the strawberries will be out then. If she has to stay in for a few days I hope you will take a bowl of them to her bed. If she has a plastic bucket round her neck you will have to hand feed them to her.

Hugs for all of you
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

02-06-2017, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Mups I will say what I always say to you when one of you dogs has a health problem.... " If you worry it won't help the dog and it may stress them." My cats always know when I am upset!
I have known more people, who found lumps on their pets, that turned out not to be cancer... so try to adopt a positive approach.
As for Gertie, what an awful time for her to have her op, if we get good weather the strawberries will be out then. If she has to stay in for a few days I hope you will take a bowl of them to her bed. If she has a plastic bucket round her neck you will have to hand feed them to her.

Hugs for all of you

Oooh, thanks for the hugs Twink, I like hugs.
I am not obsessing about it at this stage, I will just keep an eye on the lump though, it would be foolish to ignore it.
I shall know more later.

As for Gertie, she will be totally pampered and spoilt, her every wish will be catered for I can assure you.

Thanks also Rachel, and yes, good advice.
I will hide my tape measure.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2017, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I will hide my tape measure.
If you do that how will you know where to find it when you next need it?

You could post on here where you've hidden it, then when you next need it and can't find it you could ask us and one of us could tell you

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top