Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2017, 09:10 PM

Re: Hospital Visit

What a wonderful reunion.
If only we had a tail to wag!

Originally Posted by Dobra ->
I watched a programme (TV5 Europe) yesterday from the French Alps about a French girl shepherd who lived on her own in a stone cottage on the slopes. Aged about twenty five, she had two superb Collie sheepdogs, both highly trained and the large furry white Turkish guard dog needed to fight off bears and wolves. The latter was aloof, but the two Collies off duty were so cuddly and loving when she settled in a large old armchair in front of the fire. Different characters when on duty.
I saw a docu months ago from Turkey where these large dogs are bred for guard duty for sheep, goats and cattle. Bigger than a wolf, they will kill a wolf easily and chase off bears, yet lounge around like old men. The breeders export trained dogs worldwide. Problem is, I can't remember their name silly booger.
Could it be the Akbash?
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2017, 09:34 PM

Re: Hospital Visit

https://www.dogbreedinfo.com/a/akbashdog.htm

Thanks for the reminder

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top