Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2017, 01:35 PM

Boiler service

Just had mine done. Stuart asked if I was happy with it.

Yes the new central heating you put in is great-E.On love you-my gas bill is up £80. My log supplier may have other views,saved £240 on logs.

Next move is to get a decent shower put in-there will be three of us soon.
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 09:35 PM

Re: Boiler service

What boiler did you have installed?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 09:58 PM

I thought this waz about Ms Abbott.

Apologies.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 09:24 AM

Man coming down on a collapsed parachute met a gas fitter on the way up and called out

"Do you know how to open a parachute?"
"No,do you know how to mend a boiler?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Gas fitter called at a house to fix a boiler asks " where abouts is your old geiser", he asks the lady

She replies " You will find him working in the garden".
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 09:25 AM

That's good og a decent shower is a must IMO
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Just had mine done. Stuart asked if I was happy with it.

Yes the new central heating you put in is great-E.On love you-my gas bill is up £80. My log supplier may have other views,saved £240 on logs.

Next move is to get a decent shower put in-there will be three of us soon.
What a coincidence!

We have just had a new shower and a new boiler installed, as the old ones just weren't cutting it.

The shower was put in when we moved into this house about ten years ago. It was a cheapo one and I wasn't surprised at all when it became unreliable.

The boiler was already in when we bought the house and was way past its sell-by date. It, too, had become unreliable and, thanks to our taking out a boiler maintenance and repair contract, bits were being replaced every year (free of charge, of course) in order to keep it plodding along. Eventually, however, enough was enough.

The new shower is a Mira thermostatic with deluge head and is the best shower I've ever had; better than some very good ones we've found in expensive hotels.

The boiler is a Worcester Bosch 38Cdi condensing boiler, replacing an old 28Cdi. Being not only new, but also a more powerful boiler, it provides much more hot water. The shower doesn't go cold now and we can run a full bath in less than an hour!
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
What a coincidence!

We have just had a new shower and a new boiler installed, as the old ones just weren't cutting it.

The shower was put in when we moved into this house about ten years ago. It was a cheapo one and I wasn't surprised at all when it became unreliable.

The boiler was already in when we bought the house and was way past its sell-by date. It, too, had become unreliable and, thanks to our taking out a boiler maintenance and repair contract, bits were being replaced every year (free of charge, of course) in order to keep it plodding along. Eventually, however, enough was enough.

The new shower is a Mira thermostatic with deluge head and is the best shower I've ever had; better than some very good ones we've found in expensive hotels.

The boiler is a Worcester Bosch 38Cdi condensing boiler, replacing an old 28Cdi. Being not only new, but also a more powerful boiler, it provides much more hot water. The shower doesn't go cold now and we can run a full bath in less than an hour!

Seems like my story-the old central heating made very strange noises,and it appeared the tank had a micro leak.

Worcester Bosch installed and the shower? Well it has to be better than this leaky waste of space. Grohe? was in my old house and Stuart rates Mira as well.
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Seems like my story-the old central heating made very strange noises,and it appeared the tank had a micro leak.

Worcester Bosch installed and the shower? Well it has to be better than this leaky waste of space. Grohe? was in my old house and Stuart rates Mira as well.
Good luck with that then Just kidding - some engineers hate Woodshiter Bosch, mainly because they are a pain to work on. Personally, I have a Vaillant 831 with Aqualisa Quartz shower. 12 litres per minute required for the shower on a combi boiler and works lovely.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by gasman ->
Good luck with that then Just kidding - some engineers hate Woodshiter Bosch, mainly because they are a pain to work on. Personally, I have a Vaillant 831 with Aqualisa Quartz shower. 12 litres per minute required for the shower on a combi boiler and works lovely.
Of course. I've heard plenty of that on 'the other site'!

On the other hand, I understand they are reliable and parts are easy to obtain. Anyway, I have read plenty of good reviews on them. WB and Vaillant seem to be the most highly reviewed.
gasman
Kent, UK

13-06-2017, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Of course. I've heard plenty of that on 'the other site'!

On the other hand, I understand they are reliable and parts are easy to obtain. Anyway, I have read plenty of good reviews on them. WB and Vaillant seem to be the most highly reviewed.
They have their good and bad points, but, German design, they are normally worth the extra.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top