Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 01:18 PM

Re: they hate the bath

Hi Cass, absolutely gorgeous pictures of your pooch. So funny to see him mid jump.

My two little LaChon brothers Ollie and Flynn, love their bathtime, which is just as well. When we had our last two Labs, they had a bath once a month but with these two..... being pure white and curly haired under smooth top coats, they have to have a bath once a week! The reason is that having a very large bedroom and they being so small, we allow them to have two tiny baskets by the bedroom door. Nine times out of ten they are fine and sleep through the night, but recently I am being woken in the morning when I turn over towards he who must obey, am staring into two deep brown eyes resting inbetween us with his head on the pillow!

Of course I scold him immediately and lift him off the bed but you can see why they have to be bathed regularly on a weekly basis!! He who must obey says we shouldn't allow them in the bedroom at all, but hey, they are my babies. I couldn't banish them downstairs and listen to them whimpering because they have come up to the bedroom door.I tried it once and gave in after 10 minutes!

I've got an awful feeling that some on here are going to tell me off now
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 01:35 PM

Well I won't be telling you off , my dogs have always had free run of the entire house This morning I was in the shower when Murphy came to alert me that something was wrong, it was the phone ringing..Last week he alerted me that someone was trying to break in at 3:30 in the morning I don't want my dog's locked away somewhere I want them where they can be my eyes and ears when I'm not able to use them.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 08:23 PM

Our last two dogs could be persuaded into the bathroom and jump in the bath with a bit of help ,and a biscuit,but not this one,he puts his paws down and refuses to move any where near the bathroom,today my son and I between us pushed and pulled him into the bathroom,he is a tall dog and it was an effort,but we got there, fortunately its is downstairs,then managed to maouver him under the shower,he looked like he was going to be murdered.between us we managed to shower ,rinse and dry him,then let him in the garden for a shake and a run, he looks lovely now

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top