Join for free
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2017, 12:54 PM

Vet reviews wow !

We love our vet he isn't very good with people quite stern, but he loves loves loves the animals and knows all their names. Came back from his holiday once just to put our late Duncan to sleep he didn't want him to be handled by another vet because Fred was only vet he had ever trusted.

So I thought I'd leave him a review, he's been so good with my dogs I thought I'd be one of many singing his praises, but no his reviews are dire. If I had read them first I wouldn't have gone to him.

Oddly what people complain about is his people skills and that he always puts animals first no matter what, your dog gains weight he's onto you, you haven't excercised them well he's onto you, feed them rubbish he's onto you.

Makes me wonder what people actually want out of a vet as I don't care if he forgets my name or pulls me up if I'm doing something harms my dogs, as long as my dogs like him and he puts their welfare first !
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2017, 10:39 PM

Re: Vet reviews wow !

Amazing isnt it? People dont see the service and dedication.

When I got Oscar my border collie from the rescue he was half his normal body weight and within weeks he had a urine infection so I went to a vet recommended to me by a friend.
The man welcomed me and shook my hand then as he ran his hands over Oscar his face changed and his look was murderous. He stood up and glared at me saying 'is this your dog'? I told him yes but that we had only just got him from the rescue.

With that his face cleared and we became good friends. He died of cancer in 2014 and I still miss him, his people skills may have been a bit rough but I know that man gave everything to his patients which is exactly what I expect from a doctor or vet..
When he died it became clear I wasnt the only one who felt that way as the outpouring of grief and wonderful messages on the website ran into thousands.
Even so there are people who like the posh waiting area and the soft handshakes of the chainstore vet up the road not because they have better knowldge but because they pamper the owner as well as the pet.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top