Join for free
Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 08:05 AM

Re: General Election 2017: The Result

Theresa May? Wrong and unstable!
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 08:07 AM

Excellent result in Scotland SNP lost 21 seats .
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 08:10 AM

I could never be a politician - a dictator yes, but nothing else. Such tedium and utter exasperation. Nah, I will happily remain an onlooker and distance myself from it all. The whole world is a stage and it can be quite entertaining watching events unfold. I will keep my doors locked and leave it all play out. As long as I can pay my bills and remain relatively happy that is enough for me.

'You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink', but you could embellish this along with shortening it to this, 'you can't lead a dead horse to water', which to me is far more appropriate and is how I see most people. In other words it really ain't worth the bother - arguing about politics that is. It is the media that sets the agenda and more or less guarantees the outcome. This will be all the more apparent as time goes by.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 08:15 AM

Oh how i will miss Salmond, and Clegg, i demand another election ntil these fine chaps get reelected.

BTW it was mentioned twice last night on the radio that another GE would happen in Autumn.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Abbey ->
Excellent result in Scotland SNP lost 21 seats .
Don't wish to be rude to north of the border, but personally, the disappearance of Alec Salmond and Angus Robertson is nothing other than pure joy.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 08:28 AM

Well I live in Scotland and I am very happy to be rid of Alex Salmond and Angus Robertson .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 08:29 AM

Hi

It is Scotland which has saved the Tories.

The two Politicians who have lost the most are May and Sturgeon.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Isn't that the problem though? Look at the supermarket BOGOF offers and other similar I ideas, you will find that we have become a nation of people who want something for nothing. As long as people think that, if they need something the government will provide it, they will do nothing to help themselves. Whilst this continues, less people will have the incentive to work harder and build businesses that will provide jobs. Without those businesses and the tax they will pay, who is going to provide the money to improve peoples lives?
For all the people who were concerned about how Brexit will damage the lives of the young, I wonder how many are concerned about the national debt, that is likely to be caused by Corbyns ideas, and how much that will damage the young people's future.
I agree Twink , Corbyn has I think bought a young vote by promising to scrap tuition fees even for those who left Uni and have outstanding debts not a major consideration I would have thought or one that should take priority over our departure from the EU .

If people want to go to university they should be prepared to contribute themselves. Why should the rest of the population have to pay for them and I speak as someone with a lot of family members set to go to University one next year.
My son had to get a student loan and a job when at Uni and I had a number of 'zero hours contract' jobs to help support him.
So many people these days don't seem to want to stand on their own feet and expect others to pay for them .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 08:49 AM

It is a terrible election result for all the country made worse by opportunist politicians and speculating media trying to make capitol out of it.

What we don't need now is 'groundhog day' another leadership election to replace May and another election to give that person a mandate. It could go on forever while all the time the Article 50 clock is ticking

May needs to stand firm for now , she should on present figures have a majority with the DUP votes.
We need to get on with the EU negotiations now.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 08:56 AM

If people, media etc hadn't been so nasty about corbyn I think labour stood little chance, it's the constant putting him down has made people support him IMO

Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top