Join for free
Irene
Stafford, England
Irene is female  Irene has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 05:00 PM

Opera...

I have just installed Opera on my Windows 10 desktop. It seems good.

Anyone else using it? If so, what do you think?
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 05:47 PM

Re: Opera...

A lot of browsers run on Google's 'Chromium' code (this is what Google Chrome uses). Opera used to run on its own engine called 'Presto' It is Chromium-based now though (blink engine), much like some other browsers that use the same code as a basis.

I'd say not to judge a browser without customising it a bit. The initial installation often doesn't present them in their best light. Appearance and ease of use can be changed. It won't be to everyone's taste but here's Chrome with bookmarks on the Bookmarks Toolbar and a dark theme added:

The screenshot is a bit small but it maybe shows that you don't have to accept the way Chrome is straight after installation. The same will apply to Opera.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 06:49 PM

I have used Opera for years and recently used Vivaldi which is a new kid on the block.
Irene
Stafford, England
Irene is female  Irene has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2017, 10:00 PM

Thanks for your responses, Mart & Dobra.

I'll give it a good test run and explore it some...

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top