Join for free
Page 9 of 14 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 10:15 AM

Re: Yes I have no tomatoes

[QUOTE=Barry;1180647]Here are my plants this morning Muds, left and right are "Shirley", and the one in the middle is a cherry tomato "Supersweet".

Barry, they look good.

Tell me something, how do you get the supports to stay upright in growbags? I never find them deep enough to sink the supports in, but yours look good.
I use large deep tubs instead now.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 10:35 AM

[QUOTE=Mups;1180704]
Originally Posted by Barry ->
Here are my plants this morning Muds, left and right are "Shirley", and the one in the middle is a cherry tomato "Supersweet".

Barry, they look good.

Tell me something, how do you get the supports to stay upright in growbags? I never find them deep enough to sink the supports in, but yours look good.
I use large deep tubs instead now.
I actually build a framework Mups, which is supported at the top by being attached to the greenhouse frame as in the picture. By the way the plant at the far end is cucumber, we are having the first of them on our salad today.

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 10:39 AM

Ah, I see now. Thanks Barry.
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 11:58 AM

They look great Barry. I have my Shirley planted outside and they have tomatoes turning red already. Must be this hot weather as that is early for us.
Mups we sink the grow bags into the ground and always cut a square at the bottom of each section so the roots can get deeper.
Well I say we, actually its he
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

26-06-2017, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Cedronella ->
They look great Barry. I have my Shirley planted outside and they have tomatoes turning red already. Must be this hot weather as that is early for us.
Mups we sink the grow bags into the ground and always cut a square at the bottom of each section so the roots can get deeper.
Well I say we, actually its he

Oh, I see. Ta muchly.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Here are my plants this morning Muds, left and right are "Shirley", and the one in the middle is a cherry tomato "Supersweet".

Wow these look great Barry .
I shall take this pic out and show it to my losers and give them a good taking too!
I think mine have grown too big and leafy they are about four foot tall now and bushy .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Ours have gone mad if all the toms ripen I'm not sure what we'll do with them all, give me your address muddy I'll parcel them up and send them to you only cherry ones and cherry plums we don't grow the bigger varieties.
Thanks Julie I will hold you to that !
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 02:34 PM

As the tomatoes in my greenhouse are not doing so well, l have now brought them outside to see if they'll do any better.

Talking about flowers, the flowers on my runner beans are falling off and l can see only one bean! I have fed them today and let the hose run in the earth around them.
Let's hope they improve!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

02-07-2017, 02:46 PM

Art, this happened to me one year and I have found the white flowered plants less succeptable to this problem than the red.

See if this helps:

https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?pid=381
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

18-07-2017, 07:49 AM

My beans have done good and we are eating them now .
The outside tomatoes have set Ok so it must be the heat inside as you thought Mups .

Page 9 of 14 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top