Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 10:37 AM

The British Constitution

The British Constitution has come up in political threads here.

We should all know and understand what it is, the history of how it came about and why it is vitally important to our sovereignty. In particular the Declaration Of Right which states amongst other things that:

“no foreign prince, person, prelate, state, or potentate hath, ought to have, any jurisdiction, power, superiority, pre-eminence, or authority, ecclesiastical or spiritual, within this realm."

That statement alone shows how the EU treaties imposed upon us by Parliament have broken the British Constitution. It also explains how the Queen has broken her Coronation Oath, by giving Royal Assent to the treaties.

This is the link to the British Constitution Group website.

I recommend people read through the information here

Introduction
https://www.britishconstitutiongroup...n/introduction

Common Law
https://www.britishconstitutiongroup...ion/common-law

Magna Carta
https://www.britishconstitutiongroup...on/magna-carta

First Statute of Westminster
https://www.britishconstitutiongroup...te-westminster

Declaration Of Right
https://www.britishconstitutiongroup...laration-right

The Coronation Oath
https://www.britishconstitutiongroup...oronation-oath

Conclusion
https://www.britishconstitutiongroup...ion/conclusion
matchpoint
London
matchpoint is male 

11-06-2017, 10:48 AM

Re: The British Constitution

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Queen has broken her Coronation Oath
well the Queen won't be punished directly thats for sure.

Sounds very important but ... Can someone summarise please?

I dare say thats what happened when we ( or our leader at the time ) singned into the EU rules.

"JUST SIGN THERE, WE HAVE ANOTHER MEETING TO GO TO"
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 11:06 AM

There is no British Constitution, never has been.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 11:17 AM

They don't listen to you Purwell.......Realist pads out his comments as if he is the authority on stuff, most of it is waffle.
This thread is due to my asking "What British Constitution" ? when he mentioned it somewhere else.........he could talk the hind leg off a donkey....not sure he believes what he says, because he contradicts himself, he will ask now to prove he does.....can't be a*rs&d to be honest.

There is and has never ever been a British Constitution there are conventions that are adhered to.......so I repeat there is and never has been a written British Constitution whatever Realist says.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 11:47 AM

I often thought that Realist. When the Queen signed over all our rights to the EU, I felt utterly betrayed by her. I wanted to remind her of the oath she took upon her coronation, when she swore to protect the constitution. How easily she broke that promise by giving away the rights of our country to another!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
They don't listen to you Purwell.......Realist pads out his comments as if he is the authority on stuff, most of it is waffle.
This thread is due to my asking "What British Constitution" ? when he mentioned it somewhere else.........he could talk the hind leg off a donkey....not sure he believes what he says, because he contradicts himself, he will ask now to prove he does.....can't be a*rs&d to be honest.

So this is all your fault then, Bruv.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
There is no British Constitution, never has been.
I don't know if there is one so how can you be sure there isn't one?
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 11:55 AM

There is and has never ever been a British Constitution there are conventions that are adhered to.......so I repeat there is and never has been a written British Constitution whatever Realist says.
Yip..The ol' Boy is great at copy & pasting...also good for a laugh...sometimes
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 12:04 PM

Read the website imo.

It clearly says that the Constitution hasn't been compiled into a single document, it is instead comprised of a number of separate bills and documents.
matchpoint
London
matchpoint is male 

11-06-2017, 12:05 PM

I clicked on the link and I have to agree - Its just a website put together by Joe Blogs;
The About us quotes the following about itself "campaigns for the restoration of Britains ancient constitution, which, for several decades has been systematically denied and undermined by successive governments of all political parties"

Therefore just a wishing website - surely someone on here could create a site like that ... any volunteers

britishconstitutiongroup.com/about-us
heres mine;
Thealmostbritishconstitutiongroup.com/about-us

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top