Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 05:59 PM

Re: Would You Give Your Pets/Animals Out Of Date Food?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Mups, They are two weeks out of date and it's a 20kg bag! A bag usually lasts a month.
The bag states, 'Best Before', not 'Use By', so l thought they might be ok?
The hens eat much worse when scratching about in the garden! In fact, there was a dead mole in the coop the other day and l bet they had a few pecks at that!!
If it says "best before" then I would say the feed will be OK to feed your poultry.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 07:30 PM

Best before is often used on dry or canned goods and it simply means that the product is at its best before that date , after the bbd it will gradually start to lose flavour and quality.
A use by date is for fresh items and is more to do with food safety ie on meat or fish readymeals etc.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2017, 04:54 PM

I am absolutely thrilled! Countrywide Country Stores are giving me three bags of Layers Pellets ...free!

There's more to this story since l last posted but l won't bore you!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2017, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I am absolutely thrilled! Countrywide Country Stores are giving me three bags of Layers Pellets ...free!

There's more to this story since l last posted but l won't bore you!!

Wow! That's darn good of 'em, Art. 20kg bags?
I bet you sweet-talked them.

Did they ever say if the other bag was safe?
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2017, 06:08 PM

Wow that is really good of them certainly means you will be a return customer. Service is a rare thing these days and you seem to have found a company that still believes in it
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2017, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Wow! That's darn good of 'em, Art. 20kg bags?
I bet you sweet-talked them.

Did they ever say if the other bag was safe?
Yes, Mups, three 20k bags! Aren't l lucky, l'm thrilled!
This is what happened, I sent an email to them saying, l felt I was wrongly advised but was it safe to feed my hens out of date food.
The next day, l received an email at 11am, saying 'Good Afternoon'! It didn't address me by my name nor give me the name of the person who sent the email! It just listed a list of their trading terms!
I found this unacceptable and unprofessional and rang the company to tell them so! I spoke to someone in their Customer Services Dept who was shocked by the response l had received and said she would investigate.
A lovely man rang me yesterday and today rang me again with this outcome.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2017, 11:37 PM

Good for you for seeing it through.

A good outcome.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2017, 08:32 AM

That's a brilliant outcome, but yes I would and do feed out of date foods, entire family eat out of date foods so the dogs are no different.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top