Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 11:38 AM

Re: My Beddie Pups

Lovely pictures Mups many puppies are born a solid colour then change to various shades later don't they

Salt and Pepper Minis are mainly black when born with a beige muzzle and feet.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 12:18 PM

The first time I saw a Beddlington terrier, I was upstairs on the bus travelling to work.
I must have been about 17, I saw what I thought was a man taking a lamb out for a walk. I laughed all the way to work!
When I got home I looked in our dog breeds book and found out what it was!
They still bring a smile to my face when I see one!
So cute!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 02:01 PM

Beautiful they are Mups. One of our little Pomeranians was born black and silver, but gradually changed colour to the orange and cream colour.

We still see a few Bedlingtons around here, but not many.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 02:34 PM

Even from tiny, Nellie was searching for strawberries to pinch.

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 02:46 PM

You can see how very different Gertie was as a pup.
She looks like she has got a chocolate button for a nose..

Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 03:01 PM

Ok Mups, that is enough! You have already made most of us fall in love with your pups.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

14-06-2017, 03:07 PM

OK, last one - promise - I know when I'm getting a bore.

This is what I call a relaxed, happy Mummy at feed time.

That's all folks - honest.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

14-06-2017, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
The Beddies are gorgeous Mups, I'm amazed how they change colour from birth. Are there no adult black Beddies?

Elmo was a stunning GSD, simply beautiful. What made you decide to choose the Beddie breed after GSDs?

Two things really Mags, my age, and also I love the Shepherds too much, I struggle to cope with losing one.

When Elmo died it nearly finished me, but he left me his young son, Beefy (proper name was Biff). Biff was only a youngster, but you could see he was trying to step into his Dad's shoes and as he matured, he did just that.
We became very close and he looked after me as if his Dad had told him to. In fact a friend of mine once said to me . . . "He has taken over exactly where his Dad left off."
He had got a lot of his father's ways, and it was like Elmo had left me a part of him.

When Biff's time came to leave this world too, I knew I couldn't take any more.
I was getting a bit long in the tooth for big, heavy dogs too. I remember trying to lift Biff in my car when he collapsed, it was so upsetting.

If someone can't bond with a GSD, I will never understand them as you will never get a more loyal and devoted breed with their owners. This is why I got so angry with Tara a while back when she said she had tried to make hers bite/attack her. If they love you, they will be totally loyal and never harm a hair of your head. Stupid woman.

Anyhow, I had done a lot of research into health and hereditary probs with smaller breeds and eventually I bought my first Beddie, but I still had Biff as well at the time..
He adored her and let her sleep in his long, soft belly hair.
Even used to clean her if she wet her pants.
They became inseparable, such a funny odd couple - like Little & Large they were.

Beefy was my last GSD after nearly 25 years of keeping them.
I have grown to love the Beddies but I know full well they will never be as loyal as my old Shepherds were.
They will go off with anyone for half a biscuit - little traitors.

Anyway, enough of this sentimental tosh.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 03:57 PM

Mups - I love hearing your tales about your dogs - you have such a lovely way with words I almost feel that I know them.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

14-06-2017, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Mups - I love hearing your tales about your dogs - you have such a lovely way with words I almost feel that I know them.

Thank you so much Tabs. Yes, they mean the world to me. X

Here's one of Biff and his little friend laying with him.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top