Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2017, 09:30 PM

Re: My Beddie Pups

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
I'm worried now as I've been looking online at some rescue sites and I know they are looking after the dogs welfare but they seem to be quite unfriendly to potential adoptees. Fill out forms then they will tell you which dog in their opinion is best for you, given an appointment to view said dog and be interviewed, a home inspection and maybe further visits.
I love dogs in fact all animals (except for my budgie, Trance who calls me monkey boy just because I told him he was descended from dinosaurs ) so I understand they want to find good homes, but the funny thing is they seem to have lots of dogs returned so their weeding out policy doesn't seem to work all that well. I would like to save a dog from a life in kennels but their attitude is making me think more about buying private. What do i do. I've had 3 rescued dogs and never had interviews, home visits and all my dogs were loved and had good happy lives.
I don't mean it about Trance its just a running joke him and I have during our conversations.
I did email one a few months ago asking about adopting but never got a reply.

I so agree with what you are saying MC.

Some of these rescues seem to attach more importance to forms and paperwork instead of using their head and looking and listening to the person in front of them.
As you say, it is not working that well because so many end up returned to the kennels again.

I have said elsewhere, it is no wonder so many rescues are 'bursting at the seams' as they keep telling us.

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top